Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Dreaming of Taking on Rocky

A couple weeks ago I went to a plastic surgeon to have stitches in my head removed. The doctor took the stitches out and asked if I had any questions. I told him that the area of my scalp above where the stitches were was strangely numb. He said that wasn't unusual and gave me a few reasons for the numbness. He cautioned me against itching the numb area. He said sometimes when his patients have numbness like that, they will itch the area repeatedly. So much so that they cause their hair to fall out. Actually create a bald patch on their head from habitual itching. This habitual, baldness causing itching typcially occurs at night - when the person is sleeping. To avoid this baldness, he offered me a recommendation. I was all ears, ready to follow whatever he suggested. I mean, come on, I don't want a bald spot on my head due to itching my scalp in my sleep.

His recommendation:

"Go to an athletic supply store. Purchase a pair of boxing gloves. They don't have to be expensive. And every night put those on when you go to bed."

I said, "Thank you doctor, I don't have any more questions for you."

Boxing. Gloves.

In other news, I can't get enough of this website:

Overheard in NYC

Today's Song: Avalon, Roxy Music

1 Comments:

At 10 September, 2008 14:00, Blogger Julie Hawk said...

What? Is he a real doctor? That is so weird. But sorry about the numb head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home