Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Millie

Following yesterday's tale of dog drama, my friend VT shared tales of her beloved, but misbehaved, dog Millie. This is Millie:



Millie's mum likes nice things. ("Only the best for our VT," people have been known to say.) Well, it turns out so does Millie. Within the last six months, Millie has chewed the following: Louboutin, Prada, Chanel - and strangely enough, Banana Republic shoes, as well as a purse or two of similar branding. Despite this, VT says that it is impossible to be angry with Millie and that I too should get a dog. I disagree. When dogs aren't fleeing the property or gnawing on nice things, they are drooling, pooping, or worse. Instead I make do with three houseplants and a newly acquired gnome. Animals are hard.

5 Comments:

At 04 April, 2006 12:08, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry, but if my dog chewed on any of my stuff, it'd be gone regardless of how cute it was. I agree with you, too much poo, drool, etc. The gnome? Awesome.

 
At 04 April, 2006 12:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Millie has also taken a liking to a pair of silver strappy "Look for Less" Nine West sandals, a Joie peasant top, taken some beads off a Tocca dress, scratched (minor) a Chloe bag and has come dangerously close to picking up a pair of Chanel ballet flats. Millie is the first to admit she likes nice things and I will not shame her for it. I’ll simply continue to put items 4-5 feet off the ground. I heart Millie.

 
At 04 April, 2006 13:21, Blogger h.justin said...

Thank you, Jamie, for pointing out the hidden expenses of dog ownership. Millie's taste for nice things is beyond metaphorical, she has an actual appetite for them

 
At 04 April, 2006 13:59, Blogger Sarah Bellum said...

they ARE hard. however, they are worth it. no one loves me like my daisy does.

 
At 04 April, 2006 15:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In defense of Millie, HJ- I think you're exaggerating a tad. Anyway, I have only myself (and her father)to blame for what she has chewed. I certainly wouldn't put her out on the street for my mistakes. There's no one better than my Millie has seen her mum through some tough times. Oh, and she doesn't drool, either. Enjoy your gnome(s).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home