Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hiya and Happy Halloween

I'm back. I took a longer blogging holiday than expected. Probably because my last post was one of my favourites. It's not very often I get to report I'm headed to London.

The trip was great. A special thanks to G, Cinemark, and American Airlines for the plane ticket, Aunt for the form, and the trip mates.

Here is a picture of me in front of Selfridges department store:



I wish I was there right now. I would like to post more, but I need to obtain the publishing rights.

Some random Halloween thoughts:

One little piece of chocolate is enough to satisfy me, but I cannot refrain from eating an entire package of sour candy. The more sour the candy, the weaker my will power.

I love the number of adult costumes that are "sexy." Sexy maid, sexy vampire, sexy devil, sexy witch. No one seems to just dress up as a plain slut though.

I need to start staying home and handing out candy to kids pretty soon in order to make up for the 15 years I went out trick-or-treating. Yes, I went out well past the acceptable age.

I hope dentists still hand out toothbrush kits. With the pink tablets you chew to see if you got your teeth perfectly clean.

I think Trunk-or-Treats are a sad substitute for door to door trick-or-treating.

Don't you wish you had school today - with a costume parade? And maybe a carnival with a cake walk, haunted fishing pond, etc.?

Today's Song: Monster Mash - just kidding. London - Pet Shop Boys (concert at the E Center this Friday)

6 Comments:

At 31 October, 2006 09:19, Blogger Unknown said...

There are women that dress up as just plain sluts...they just do it the other 364 days of the year and can be found at Port or Liquid Joes.

 
At 31 October, 2006 09:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sexy scarf!

 
At 31 October, 2006 11:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, schools do not throw Halloween bashes like they did when I was a kid. You can no longer bring homemade treats, so cookie decorating, cakewalks and kool-aid are out! They barely have parades...now they are held first thing in the morning and then it's back to classwork afterwards. Sucky!

I agree about trunk-or-treating...lame, lame, lame!

Who hijacked Halloween?

HJ, feel free to come to our house for a treat tongiht...I think you'll like our treats, they're right up your alley.

 
At 31 October, 2006 11:24, Blogger b-lo said...

Or Georgeory, maybe you were taking photos of that metal street performer. "Oh look Greg. You can really see the performers from up here!"

Justin, too bad you don't have pictures of your killer Halloween costume. (Pun intended, of couse.)

 
At 31 October, 2006 13:37, Blogger Sarah Bellum said...

i love a good cake walk!

oh and princess: you nailed that one right on, no pun intended!

 
At 31 October, 2006 14:51, Blogger stella said...

As a mother of two living in Davis County. I must share that sad state of affairs during Halloween at elementary school. There are absolutely no costumes allowed at school. No more costume parades even in the morning. And yes, aunt, no more homemade treats.

A few years ago, Halloween fell on a Sunday, so, unbeknownst (sic?) to my friend with kids, the entire neighborhood decided to do a trunk or treat at the ward house on Saturday instead. Of course, being a gentile, she didn't get the memo and her kids were met with polite surprise when they began trick or treating on Sunday evening. She was mah-ad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home