Monday, November 26, 2007

The Hap-Happiest Season of All

It's that time of year when the really good movies start getting released. This weekend I saw American Gangster (long, but I liked it), Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (super good, but what happened to Ethan Hawke?), and saw The Lives of Others on dvd (slow, but mesmerizing). I intended to see No Country for Old Men, but that didn't pan out.

Now, a story about No Country for Old Men. I subscribe to Esquire magazine (quite cheap: like less than $8, and well better than GQ). Last month, I read this article about Josh Brolin who stars in NCfOM. Well, go figure, but that tale of the Coen Brothers accidentally casting Josh Brolin instead of his father, James Brolin, really stuck with me. Such that weeks ago, when Stella was talking about wanting to see the movie - I told her the story of the miscasting. She was surprised by it too. But, it turns out that maybe it was just a joke? And well it wasn't even maybe a joke, it was a joke. I fell for it though, and quite frankly, I'm glad other people did. I don't think the Coen Bros. and Mr. Brolin should be "blown away" that we were. Because the Esquire article was pretty well written.

Moral of the story: I can no longer believe everything I read in magazines. And that totally rocks my world.

Today's Song: Karma Chameleon, Culture Club

1 Comments:

At 26 November, 2007 14:04, Blogger Unknown said...

Ethan Hawke was on my top five for a long time, especially around the time "Reality Bites" came out. In 1994.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home