Friday, February 22, 2008

Go Ahead.

You know, February sucks. It's a long, cold, grey month. In SLC, the air quality in February is typically, um, toxic? So if you're going to run, you should probably do it on a treadmill. But we all know that running six miles on a treadmill is no fun. It's a chore. And you do whatever it takes to get it done. I got it done last night. I'm not ashamed about how I did it, either.

I picked a treadmill that faced about four televisions. The two televisions closest to me were airing the Democratic Presidential Debate and Entertainment Tonight respectively. Y'all I picked ET. I hate ET. I hate Access Hollywood. But it was exactly what I needed to get through the hard part of the run. Farrah is cancer free! Delta opened up about her depression! Donny talked with Valerie Bertenelli about cocaine(!) and infidelity(!)! Gripping.

Eventually I did turn over to the presidential debate and I happened to tune in just as the moderator was asking Obama about "plagiarized" speeches. His answer was so good. He said it was two lines, and those lines were authored by one of his advisors who encouraged him to use them. Then he said that we're getting into the silly season of the race or something like that. And I agreed.

Later, at home, I pulled up the internet for whatever reason and do you know what the lead article was on the debate? OBAMA ANSWERS PLAGIARISM CHARGES. Clinton and Obama debated a score of burning issues and that's the lead article. Whatever. Focus on the escandalo. The media is controlling this race and feeding us what they think we're interested in, but in effect directing our interest.

So go ahead and just watch ET on the treadmill instead.

Sorry to get all political. That's not what we're all about here. Farrah is tumor free!

Today's Song: Hometown Glory, Adele

4 Comments:

At 22 February, 2008 13:58, Blogger Georgeory said...

Isn't it ironic, dont'cha think, that February is the shortest month yet it feels the longest?

 
At 22 February, 2008 14:20, Blogger stella said...

I take offense that everyone hates February. Come on! It's my birthday, Valentine's Day, my anniversary, if you're lucky a leap year. And the next month is March, which kinda sorta feels like spring.

Congrats on 6 miles on the treadmill. I feel for you. However, I think you're overachieving a bit. Weren't you only supposed to do 5? Or are you trying to kick Leah's butt tomorrow on Wasatch Blvd.?

 
At 22 February, 2008 16:49, Blogger Sara Z. said...

I actually have difficulty with tv in the gyms. They trigger my ADD and soon I want to rock gently and sing to myself with my hands over my ears.

I don't like looking at the treadmill display, either, as the minutes and miles crawl by. So I cover that with a towel.

I like looking at the other patrons, but only if they don't look back.

There are no windows.

Best is when I run into a friend and we can talk. Otherwise I try to close of all my senses and focus on the iPod music. I need new music, though. I think that will be the subject of tomorrow's blog post!

That is all.

 
At 28 February, 2008 06:45, Blogger frog said...

Hey...it's my B-day too and it seems to signal the oncoming of spring with that pinkish Valentines light. I'm just so impressed you still run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home