Wednesday, February 13, 2008

So . . .

I may have seen Mika in concert on Friday night. And then I may have gone to Keys on Main afterward. Actually, I did do both of those things. And I have two questions: (1) How is In the Venue staying in business? (Is it lack of competition, because if that is the case let's give that dump some competition.);
(2) Why do dueling piano bars insist on allowing patrons to pay the pianists to stop playing a song? So frigging annoying. Seriously, the lame pianist stopped playing Time After Time - which a patron had paid $5 to get played - and then someone paid them to stop. The pianist then charged $9 to restart the song. You know what? It's a racket. I'm certain. Those geek piano players must have their friends in the audience and those friends then act as shills and pay the pianists to stop popular songs to increase the money flowing to the pianists and then they all share afterward. I'm Googling that to prove I'm right. No, I'm going to straight to the top: I'm going to Get Gephardt on the case.

Saturday I ran nine miles with Stella and Leah. Marathon training. Actually, I only ran 8.75 miles. I got whooped by girls. I think they've got Ethiopian in them.

Saturday night I may have gone to Tardy Mardi. I may have run into some old college friends. I may have done some crazy stage dancing to late 80's/early 90's hits. "Things That Make You Go Hmmm . . ." maybe? I think it happened. The details are all way too fuzzy. I'll need to check my phone for photographic evidence. Maybe I just imagined it all. If you saw me there, let me know.

Restaurants visited this weekend: (1) Crown Burger; (2) Chuck A Rama; (3) New Yorker; (4) Takashi; (5) Original Pancake House; (6) Wild Oats deli; (7) Chick Fil A (twice). Pretty eclectic.

Today's Post: I Say A Little Prayer, Aretha Franklin (though the Dionne Warwick version is good, too.)

3 Comments:

At 13 February, 2008 15:26, Blogger Unknown said...

Did you really use the term "frigging"? How Utah of you.

 
At 13 February, 2008 15:57, Blogger Georgeory said...

I have asked Justin to watch his language in this blog as my grandmother reads it regularly.

 
At 13 February, 2008 21:37, Blogger Sara Z. said...

Mika was here? And I missed him? Bah. Double bah on the piano bar because WHY does SLC need dueling dueling piano bars downtown? I mean, we don't need one of them, why two?

I'm not even going to ask about Chuck-A-Rama and how that happened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home