Wednesday, March 05, 2008

At least Deacons aren't showing up

with blue envelopes.

Letter today in my mailbox, addressed to me, reads:

"Hi,

I'm in the Twentieth Ward that meets at 11am at the chapel on Second Ave. and G Street. I've just been called as coordinator for the activities (aid & resources) for the Singles age 31 and older. It's a undefinable job and my only qualification is that I can cook and own snowmobiles. I hope that enough skill for the job. (The Bishop has concern for your age group and thinks that's as good a recommendation as any.)

I don't exactly know who you all are. I hope to remedy that. With that end, [Name Withheld] and I want to start making the rounds to meet you all, and maybe get some ideas, recruits and preference. (I'm hoping that MYOB isn't the most prevalent one.)

Well, looking forward to that time, I'll close. Call if you want input before I get to you.

Thanks,

[Name and phone number withheld.]"

Two questions, WHO TURNED ME IN? and Who wants to go snowmobiling with the over 30s? Anyone?

Today's Song: Sweet and Low, Augustana

7 Comments:

At 05 March, 2008 19:25, Blogger JimmyG said...

Sounds like fun. Unfortunately, I don't think I qualify. I feel sorry for the person called by the bishop to share his or her snowmobiles that he or she does not know.

 
At 05 March, 2008 20:17, Blogger Georgeory said...

I got turned in lately as well. Got a call from a "sister" who wanted to make sure she had the right phone number and address for me. There's no mystery surrounding my situation, though. My parents live only to bring the world His truth.

 
At 05 March, 2008 22:52, Blogger Sara Z. said...

Snowmobiling AND cooking.

 
At 06 March, 2008 07:03, Blogger VT said...

You're over 30?

 
At 06 March, 2008 12:02, Blogger Maddie said...

Gross!

My sister always rats me out. When I get those letters I know it's time to move.

 
At 06 March, 2008 13:56, Blogger stella said...

Your mom, maybe? I dunno. Weird. Are you going to reply? Or just turn off the lights and duck when you see a dude with a tie coming up your sidewalk?

 
At 06 March, 2008 20:50, Blogger neffgang said...

hjustin,

I'll confess. It was me. But uncle Jimmy put me up to it.

If I could make a suggestion: Show enough interest so that there is a never-ending supply of baked goods coming to your door.

If you don't want the calling, just tell them, but do it gently so the chocolate chip cookies keep rolling.

Your brother in the gospel,

BN

P.S. I always thought you love the comfort of strangers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home