Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Hello, Internet Friends

A quick five:

1. I'm going to get my identity stolen. Sunday I cleaned house. Papers anyway. I finally threw out bank statements, receipts, financial information, and University mailings (report cards, statements, class schedules, etc.) dating back to at least 1994. I was so sick of having the weight of all that paper on my shoulders, I just threw it all out. Into a dumpster. I tried to be as careful as I could. That is to say that I took all of the crap from the U of U and inspected it for SSN and was sure to shred those papers. No small feat because that damn school insisted on putting the "social" on every single piece of paper they could. But I'm sure I missed one or two or a dozen. And now, I'm going to have someone living my dream with my name and my credit. Good luck to them. Maybe I'll get tapped for one of those "Free Credit Report" commercials. Aren't those a gas?

2. The three best things about Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, for me, were: (a) Nick has a Cure song for a ring tone, too! (Man, I felt hip when I heard his phone go off; my tone is In Between Days, in case you wondered); (b) Caroline (I want to see a movie about her night); and (c) when All the Wine by The National played.

3. It'd be nice to go to California this weekend. I regret not going last weekend. If only to use the third day on my Park Hopper pass at Disneyland. And attempt again to get a Flip! video of Soarin Over California.

4. I'm having October '04 flashbacks, politically speaking. Too many people saying, "I'm not happy with either choice. We don't have a good candidate on either side." I hope this election fares better than the last.

5. Last week, my car died in Moab. I had to change my own car battery. It was no small feat considering I had to walk to an auto part store, borrow tools, beg for a ride to my car, request a ride back to the auto part store because the battery they gave me was the wrong size, and then beg for a ride back to my car. Harrowing, is the word I use to describe that experience. Which means that I truly have never been tested.

Today's Song: Acid Tongue, Jenny Lewis

2 Comments:

At 07 October, 2008 16:22, Blogger Sara Z. said...

5. Well, sounds like you passed this test, so the next one will be harder. Yay!

 
At 09 October, 2008 19:13, Blogger Lincoln said...

I've been on Soarin' Over California once. I think I was 21. I went on it about 14 times. I was obsessed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home