Friday, April 28, 2006

Did She Have to Bend Over A Knee?

The headline made me laugh out loud. (And I'm still laughing as I type this.)

"Jury Awards $500G To Woman Spanked At Work." Article here.

Apparently her company had some questionable team comraderie building activities:

"Sales teams were encouraged to compete, and the losers were made fun of, forced to eat baby food, required to wear diapers and spanked with a rival company's yard signs, according to court documents."

The article doesn't answer my questions:

On the bum?
With what kind of paddle?
Who actually spanked?
How hard?
Did she know it was coming?
Did she have to go up on stage or was it in the middle of her office?
How many times did she get whacked?
Her bum wasn't bare, right?

I'm still laughing.

It's terrible, I know, I know. And if I read the court pleadings, the depositions, etc., I'm sure I wouldn't find it funny. I do find it questionable that the employer didn't settle. Shit like this rarely gets to trial unless (a) the parties are too far apart with settlement offers, or (b) the claim is really so frivolous that it makes more sense to try it than settle it.

Did others get spanked?
What kind of diapers?
Under their clothes or over?

So many questions . . . bad reporting on Yahoo!'s part.

2 Comments:

At 28 April, 2006 15:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The things that happen in Fresno. Fres-no? Fres-yes!

 
At 28 April, 2006 16:06, Blogger Unknown said...

Some people like getting spanked, but she's obviously not one of them. Poor lady. Poor paddled lady.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home