Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Serves Me Right


I generally ignore the local news. I used to scan the Trib on-line everyday. Now, I generally just read Carolyn Hax on M, W, and F, and movie reviews on F. Consequently, I missed this story last week.

I worked at Baci in the summer of 1995 and the winter of 1996. I generally enjoyed the job. Although I rarely went to the restaurant after quitting for good, I liked knowing that I could always go back and have a margherita pizza and remember all the crimes and misdemeanors I committed with Jane when we worked there together. New Year's Eve 1995 was particularly raucous, debaucherous, and controversial. I stood on top of the bar, fell off, and nearly broke my neck - I was saved when my dinner jacket caught on a barstool suspending me mere inches above the floor.

Heart to you Baci, and heart to you Jane, whereever you are.

Silver Lining: perhaps I'll be able to celebrate my birthday at Ruth's Chris this year - just as I did when I turned 30 (although that was on Maui, bit of a difference in geography there).

3 Comments:

At 04 April, 2006 13:54, Blogger Unknown said...

I think everyone that works/has worked in the restaurant industry has tales of debauchery. I know I do...

 
At 04 April, 2006 15:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that about Ruth's Chris last week. Sorry HJ, for not giving you the good news. I expect to go there next time I'm in town, I'm mad about their side potatoes.

 
At 05 April, 2006 08:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have heard that story a few times. It was pretty much my inspiration for mission impossible, however, the drop of sweat off the brow was all Tom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home