Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Not Leaving on a Jet Plane

When I woke up this morning, I was set to fly to Seattle this afternoon. Plane had been booked for a week. Hotel too. Car was well. I was going up to depose a doctor. I think the doctor's name was Dr. Grey, no wait, maybe it was Dr. Shepard. I forget. The deposition was set to take place at a teaching hospital, and if you think I wasn't going to play Grey's Anatomy - maybe even take a ferry ride - well, you would be wrong. Case settled. Trip cancelled. And I am not happy.

I'm out of Weeds! I blazed through season 1; burned through season 2; and even watched episode one of season 3 on-line. This means I may need Showtime. Does anyone know if you can switch between HBO and Showtime like changing from a Bud Light one round to a Coors Light the next? Like, I can you just call Comcast and say "let's take down HBO for this month and fire up Showtime," and then reverse the process when HBO has the better shows? It can't be that easy.

Has anyone seen the Showtime series Dexter? Is it good? I'm really liking Damages, but I don't know anyone else that watches it.

I'm still reeling from an action packed weekend. Probably best I'm not headed to Seattle this afternoon.

Today's Song: Video, India.Arie (It is still in my head from the weekend!)

2 Comments:

At 28 August, 2007 15:24, Blogger stella said...

Too bad about Seattle. I don't watch Grey's Anatomy, so I don't get the references, but Seattle is lovely. I could've given you some good restaurant recs. Plus, that's where Christy and Carlos lived after they married, so good memories, right?

Um, actually it's so easy to switch. I don't have Comcast, but I do have Dish Network. HBO is so boring now that Deadwood is over. Usually they charge you like a $5 cancellation fee (to cancel HBO), but no fee to add premium channels (like Showtime). Make the call, you'll have Showtime in 10 minutes. Look here is the phone number.

1-800-266-2278 (1-800-COMCAST).

 
At 28 August, 2007 15:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah young esquire I feel for you loss. The worst thing about the trip canceling is the loss of those billable hours. To bad the trip did not cancel when you were there. I really wish you could have gone to the boarder and picked up some Van Gogh punch. *looks at fingers* I am not sure Carlos or Christy could ever have as much fun as we did there. Not enough ice chips I would think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home