Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Well is Dry

This past weekend, I didn't once get in a swimming pool or other body of water. (Yes, I did shower.) Perhaps that is why I feel out of sorts this week.

My on-going foot pain led me to buy a pair of Crocs last night. Cue laughter.

Question: Can a pre-op male to female transsexual go topless? (I don't know where the questions come from.)

Park City Jazz Festival is this weekend. I mean the Fidelity Jazz Festival. Some will recall that it is a party where the sole objective is to get everyone drunk.

On Saturday morning, I got up at 3:45am to be at Social Hall Avenue by 5:00am. I had a ticket to see the Key Bank Towner implosion. From 5:00am to 6:30am I waited in an empty office space with about 25 other people to see the implosion. It was a really nice affair - catered breakfast and all - but I still felt it was probably in the top five of nerdiest things I've ever done (and mind you, I was on the debate team). But in the end, it was really quite interesting and I'm glad I did it.

Today's Song: Rise, Josh Rouse

7 Comments:

At 21 August, 2007 09:40, Blogger Unknown said...

I wore Crocs post-foot surgery, so I understand.

The answer to your pre-op tranny question depends on how big The Girls are, I suppose.

 
At 21 August, 2007 12:38, Blogger stella said...

Hmmm . . . the pre-op question is interesting. Isn't the whole thing with a transsexual is that they feel their body is wrong gender? If you really feel that you are a woman, then you shouldn't be going topless, even though your pre-op boobage will still look like a man.

 
At 21 August, 2007 14:22, Blogger Unknown said...

Stella's got a good point.

 
At 21 August, 2007 15:42, Blogger Sara Z. said...

Was this a ticket you actually had to, like, purchase?

Sorry about the crocs. What color are they?

 
At 21 August, 2007 20:36, Blogger Lincoln said...

Um...I would have totally gotten a ticket to see the Key Bank implosion. There is nothing cooler than buildings falling down...I don't care if it's nerdy. Be proud.

 
At 22 August, 2007 10:23, Blogger h.justin said...

The tickets were actually free - they were assigned by Zions Securities Corp. which owns and manages buildings surrounding the imploded building. Tickets were given to tenants so that they could control access to the buildings.

The Crocs I got are black and aren't the clog style. They are the thong/flip flop style.

 
At 23 August, 2007 12:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Stella has a good point!

Crocs rock! Two of my favorite people in the world wear them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home