Thursday, October 11, 2007

Right On Track

is that gonna get you back? Is that gonna get you back? Well I could move out to the left for awhile or I could slide to the right for awhile . . .

When I started this post, I was going to talk about how I went running last night for the first time since July(!) and how I was going to title the post "Back on Track". But when I thought "Back on Track", I heard the lyrics to Breakfast Club's Right on Track in my head. So I went to iTunes to download that song. I don't mind spending a dollar at iTunes here and there for an obscure 80's hit because I get most of my cutting edge current hits for free from the internets. iTunes didn't have the song. So I had to go out and find it for free on the internets. And I did. Some blogger in some Spanish speaking country had posted it. Gracias, senor.

Anyway, yeah, yesterday I deemed my foot sufficiently healed from the summer injury to go running. And I went over four solid miles with no problem. So, see, I am back on track.

While running along 11th Avenue a great song came on my iPod. The Alternate Routes, Time is a Runaway. Have you heard this song? I don't think I previously had. In fact, I don't even know how it got on my iPod. However, with lyrics like "Roll your windows down the summer's nearly gone, And only hours stand between you and the cold that's coming on, You count your questions in the sky lit blue, And every color there is telling you - Time is a runaway, Coming for you; In my dreams I see in red, she cannot stay, The summer leaves you like the girl who gets away, And we sit here stranded in the careless hue, And every color that is telling you; Time is a runaway, Coming for you . . ." It suited the moment perfectly.

I watched Rosemary's Baby. Mia Farrow = pretty cute. Movie = pretty strange.

I am about done with Dexter season 1, and I guess I like the show, but I really don't like Michael C. Hall's narration. It's seems a lazy way to develop the character.

I finished Celebrity Detox. I felt cheated.

If you've been to Costco lately, maybe you've seen the Terra chips "Bloody Mary Flavor." Well, let me tell you: they aren't as good as you'd expect. But better than regular chips.

Last night at the market, I purchased, among other things, an item that was originally marked $7.99, but was on sale for $5.99. I paid for the items, looked at my receipt, and the on sale item rang up as full price. I actually debated whether it was worth the hassle to get the $2 back. Of course, I did go through the hassle and I did get my $2 back. However, I was really disappointed that I even hesitated to do so. $2 is a big deal. It paid for my coffee this morning!

Today's Song: Right On Track, Breakfast Club

2 Comments:

At 11 October, 2007 11:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you had been charged full price for a sale item at a Florida Publix, you would get that item for free. They like to punish themselves for their stupid mistakes. It's happened to me twice; most significantly, for an item that was $16 but supposed to be $14. That's a lot of coffee drinks. In short, always go back for what is rightfully yours.

 
At 11 October, 2007 11:41, Blogger Unknown said...

My general rule of thumb: if the discrepancy is more than 10% of the original price, than I'll go back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home