Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Holiday Tradition?

Last December, slcup invited me to: "List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether or not they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your livejournal/blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to."

Last year's post is here.

This year's seven:

1. Come on! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance, Sufjan Stevens
2. I'm Not Going to Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance With You, Black Kids
3. Broken, Lifehouse
4. Taking Chances, Celine Dion (rolling eyes)
5. A Great Big Sled, The Killers
6. Get Drunk & Make-out this Christmas, The Dan Band
7. Mary Did You Know, Kenny Rogers and Wynona

Wow. Pretty holiday heavy this year. More so than last year.

And tagging 7:

1. B Lo
2. Stella
3. Vanessa
4. Zarr
5. Slcup
6. Deanna
7. DeeDee

Post your seven in comments or on blog.

Today's Song: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Dionne Warwick and Gladys Knight

8 Comments:

At 19 December, 2007 10:17, Blogger Unknown said...

I listed my songs over at my place.

 
At 19 December, 2007 10:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romeo & Juliet-The Killers
Shipping Up to Boston-Dropkick Murphys
Black Kids-I'm Not Going to Teach Your Boyfriend...
What I Are and Apologize- Timbaland (memories of Mantra)
They Say It's Wonderful - John Coltrane
Is There A Ghost - Band of Horses
Bouncing Off Clouds-Tori Amos

Can I tag Jamie here? Jamie, I tag you.

 
At 19 December, 2007 10:48, Blogger Unknown said...

VT: LOVE the Dropkick Murphys. Good call.

 
At 19 December, 2007 11:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Driving Home for Christmas, Chris Rea
2. Better Get to Livin, Dolly Parton
3. Thick as Thieves, Dashboard Confessional
4. Shadow of the Day, Linkin Park
5. Hero/Heroine, Boys Like Girls
6. Big Shot, Billy Joel
And one more Christmas favorite for good measure…
7. Come on! Let’s Boogey to the Elf Dance, Sufjan Stevens

 
At 19 December, 2007 17:20, Blogger Jen and Lydia said...

Sister à dit:
Bon soir:

mes favorites:

1. last christmas


end list. sorry, but is it at moment.

 
At 20 December, 2007 18:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You previously asked, 'did anyone enjoy the song links?'

YES, absolutely. In fact, I often go back in history and look through your song of the day and titles you post when I am downloading music.

When Ali was here, she said, WOW, we have alot of the same music. We found out you loaded some on her iPod and I was getting them from your blog.

I'm not big on Christmas music, but I figure that will pass. I do like the songs you get from TV shows, since I never make time to go figure out what they are myself, it's nice to have that done for me, by you. So, heavy on the songs from TV shows, please.

I'm not really enjoying anything right now, but if I had to pick a few, they would be:

Steady as we Go - Dave Matthews

hmm, that's about it. Pathetic. Going to get new music RIGHT NOW.

 
At 21 December, 2007 09:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not see a Jimmy Buffett song? I guess you have no desire to be sitting on a beach of Saint Somewhere. You must love winter.

I myself have been enjoying Christmas music, sport talk radio, Bob Marley and of course some Jimmy. Cheers to an island state of mind!

 
At 24 December, 2007 16:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Thank you for your blog!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home