Thursday, March 27, 2008

The March Madness

It's been a busy week.

Last Thursday morning (at 6am!) I flew with B-Lo, Jedd, and Stella to Long Beach airport. We then drove to Anaheim and tried to check into our hotel directly across from the main gate of Disneyland. Being that we were lodging directly across from the main gate at Disneyland, our rooms were of course not ready at 9am. "Check back at 4pm," they said. So we set off to find breakfast. After some driving, we found an Original Pancake House. We had a nice breakfast. And then . . .

We went to the Honda Center because we had tickets to both the morning and afternoon sessions of the NCAA tournament! We saw alot of basketball. I f&^%ed up my left hand performing some acrobatic dare with which Jedd challenged me. I'm typing in pain right now. Probably need to go the doctor. Probably won't. Unless my hand turns into one of those claws that Gareth Keenan talked about. (He talked about a claw, right?)

After a full NCAA day on Thursday, we went out to a nice five star dinner. And I DID NOT do an impersonation of 2 year old Beck performing a silent tantrum by lying down on the floor. The maitre d DID NOT come over - very concerned and a little scared - to ask if I was alright. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN.

Friday, early wake up. Headed over to the McDonalds directly in front of the Disneyland main gate. C-R-O-W-D-E-D. Lines at each register were at least 10 people deep. We got there at about the time the time you wonder, "Is it going to be breakfast menu or lunch?" When we walked in, it was breakfast. But the line was so long I said to Jedd and Stella, "This may be the day that I realize a long held dream, to see McDonalds change the menu from breakfast to lunch." A couple minutes later - they did. The menu boards are little triangles and they just spin them. Kind of anticlimatic. That was until some man lost his shit and screamed, "OH NO YOU DON'T. I've been waiting here for 20 minutes and I'm getting a #8 off the breakfast menu." There was a whole hell of a lot of bickering between McDonalds employees and angry customers over who was and was not getting breakfast orders. Me? I was fine with lunch.

We then moved over to Disneyland. You've all been to Disneyland and California Adventure so what is there to say about that? The highlights for me were a new Mickey shirt ("It's UNISEX!"), walking around with Pooh ears on my head (I swear people thought I had Downs Syndrome), a parade, some rides, a bad experience on the Pirates of the Carribean, Tower of Terror, Soarin' Over California, etc. For the first hour, Jedd and Stella walked around feeling guilty for not having their kids with them. Then they started noticing the families, the whining, the crying, the demanding, the exhaustion, and they agreed that Disneyland without kids is really quite indulgent and fun.

Saturday, we had tickets to the NCAA games again. Had, is the key word. We went to the mall, went to a beach in Laguna. Then Jedd and Stella left to catch their flight. Barlow and I had dinner at BJ's in Laguna Beach and called it a night.

Sunday, Barlow and I went grocery shopping, went to Sprinkles, had Easter Brunch at Tommy Bahama Cafe, and then went to the beach. Soon thereafter, it was time to fly home.

But my spring break didn't end there. Tuesday I had a hearing in St. George. At 6pm. So I had to drive down in the afternoon. Still tired from the weekend (not as relaxing as I make it sound), I wasn't looking forward to that long drive. To make the trip more exciting, I rented a convertible and drove down with the top down. That was nice and I really recommend it for long drives your dreading. Especially if you get Sirius satellite radio (set your stations to #30 Coffeehouse, #8 80s, #18 Spectrum, #4 Movin' EZ, and my favourite #22 1st Wave - but remember the comedy channels on 104 and 105 too because you'll generally catch some good bits I got Mitch Hedburg driving down and back.)

My hearing went late. So I had to stay overnight. I had dinner at Chilis and got a hotel room on Hotwire. I watched some MTV before going to bed. "Tila Tequila Spring Break". Didn't get it. Got really confused. "Who is this bitch and why are all these people crazy for her?" I wondered. Woke up early the next morning and drove back. I ate about $100 worth of beef jerky during the drive.

So that's my March Madness.

Today's Song: Better Than, John Butler Trio

4 Comments:

At 27 March, 2008 12:03, Blogger VT said...

Lots of words. I like that. Busy indeed.

 
At 27 March, 2008 18:16, Blogger Lincoln said...

a hundred bucks worth of jerky. wow. that's a lot of protein.

 
At 28 March, 2008 07:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great recap. For some reason I could see myself screaming out loud about not getting a breakfast item too. From the very back of the line. There is something horrible about the anticipation of a breakfast item and then having to eat a burger.

 
At 28 March, 2008 08:08, Blogger stella said...

Nice recap of the weekend. I know I am responsible for the "had tickets for Saturday". I still feel bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home