Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Take a Letter Maria.

My secretary gave her notice a week ago. She's going back to her prior firm for more money and a fancy title. She only worked for me for about three or four months. So today I started interviewing for a new secretary. Do you know how much I hate interviewing secretaries? Probably you don't because I don't post about that kind of thing. I don't like it at all. I don't mind being interviewed, but I don't like conducting the interview. I also don't mind sitting in on an interview. But conducting the interview? No thanks. I suppose it has to do with the fact that I can size a person/personality up pretty quickly. So it becomes torture to have to keep an interview going after I've already decided it's not going to work out anyway. And if I think it is working out, I'm ready to make an offer right then. "Start now, please."

Three things that always positively sway me in an interview:

1. You're well put together.
2. You make me laugh.
3. You ask me how old I am (implying that I look too young to be an interviewer).

I had a secretary not too long ago that called me "handsome". She also had an Australian accent. I'm hoping for someone like that again this go round.

In other news, my face is swollen again due to infected root canal. The endodontist keeps offering me more and more Lortab and I keep turning it down and insisting on more antibiotics. I think I'm getting this problem taken care of next Monday once and for all. This tooth - number three (upper right molar) for those that are curious - is a nightmare.

Today's Song: I Feel It All, Feist (Remixed by Brett from Spoon)

6 Comments:

At 12 March, 2008 10:51, Blogger Unknown said...

Where are you finding your applicants? Have you placed an ad on BET yet?

As a fantastic assistant (if I do say so myself), the keys to being fantastic are simple: be honest and confidential, be loyal and be two steps ahead. It also doesn't hurt to have a mild case of OCD and love to organize.

 
At 12 March, 2008 13:24, Blogger Georgeory said...

I'll see your infected root and raise you a cataract. I went to the eye doctor today and found that I have a cataract. Very uncommon for someone in their thirties. Then, I stopped by the dentist to check on an inflamed gum above my number four molar only to find that I have an abscess as well. Looks like you and I will both be having some dental work done on Monday. Cheers.

 
At 12 March, 2008 14:15, Blogger Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Handsome is way better than skank, which is what my co workers call me. Yes my co workers are my brothers. They think they are so funny!

 
At 12 March, 2008 17:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Complimenting your outfit didn't make the top 3? I guess that is just common-place these days.

What if she mentions your great tan?

Is this the assistant that wore fake eyelashes everyday? Too bad. Interviewing someone does stink though. I was once interviewing someone and my boss knocked on my window and told me he just got fired! Wow, it was really hard to keep the rest of that interview going.

 
At 13 March, 2008 10:16, Blogger mary said...

Great post "handsome"! I too have been having troubles with that dang upper right molar. Good luck on Monday! P.S Take the Lortab you never know when it may come in handy.

 
At 15 March, 2008 19:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to interview for the position. I think you're super young and super handsome. I will also pretend to have an accent if you want. "Justin's office, Lydia speaking".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home