Monday, March 17, 2008

Erin Go Bragh

When I was little, my grandma gave me a hat with that saying printed on it. It confused the hell out of me. I had no idea what it meant. But now thanks to the power of Google, I believe that loosely translated it means Ireland the Beautiful or Ireland Forever. I've traveled a bit through the United Kingdom, Ireland, and a good portion of Europe, and I've said it before, I'll say it again: the Irish are the nicest people I met.

Happy St. Patrick's Day. One of my more memorable St. Patrick's days was March 17, 2000 in Oslo, Norway. I remember having a Murphys Irish Stout at a little bar with a fireplace. This was before the days of digital cameras and camera phones so I don't have a picture of it. Only the fuzzy mental picture stored on my internal hard drive.

Stella found this blog. Last night, she made this salad and I helped by making the dressing. I highly recommend it. Seriously, give it a go.

Today's Song: All We Are, Matt Nathanson

2 Comments:

At 18 March, 2008 10:00, Blogger Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

The pioneer women is fun to read. I love all the pictures.

 
At 25 March, 2008 21:28, Blogger Offended yet? said...

The only time anyone is ever smarter than me happens to be when they are at a computer. Google = love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home