Thursday, October 30, 2008

Because I Voted.

Some Hot Topics:

I read this super encouraging article today. I hope that guy is just pandering to his base and completely wrong. I want him to be in tears on November 5. No offense.

I voted in Bountiful last night. The line was fairly long at 7:30pm. But it moved pretty quickly. Although voting was private, and no one electioneered in the line, I can report that McCain got a few votes. And Palin probably more. I'm probably guessing here, but that is definitely the vibe I got there in Davis county. Mind you, the crowd was well middle-aged to borderline senior citizen. None of the youth vote was representing, well except for Stella. So I'm hoping the youth are going to get out next Tuesday.

Also, shocker!, I did not see any minorities. Except for a kid I went to law school with. He'd qualify as a minority. But other than that, the crowd was White Bread.

Do we really, really need all the preelection polling and media projections of a winner? Don't they do more harm than good? I can't help but wonder.

Today's Song: Close the Shutters, Snow Patrol

4 Comments:

At 30 October, 2008 09:41, Blogger Unknown said...

Pre-election polling gives me heartburn.

 
At 30 October, 2008 09:55, Blogger stella said...

"The national media has become a feminized, electronic vote-for-Obama nagging machine"

WTF? Are you kidding me? As a woman, that is so offensive. And by the way, I've never seen anyone more arrogant and condescending than McCain supporters. Especially ones that live in Davis County.

 
At 30 October, 2008 12:14, Blogger Unknown said...

I know I used to bag on Davis & Weber Counties with little or no experience to back it up, but having spent an inordinate amount of time up there in the last three months, I have to say that McCain lovers up there are just RELENTLESS. Enough already, shut your pieholes.

 
At 03 November, 2008 08:55, Blogger Vivi said...

Hey Justin,

That article scareed me...because a few points in there could be true. I REALLY hope we prove that guy crazy. I actually read a few other things on that REDSTATE blog that the article came from.....those people are nuts. And I mean that with the upmost respect.

Viv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home