Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday Five

1. I'm in a New York state of mind. I bought a plane ticket for this weekend and reserved a room. I have until midnight tonight to cancel both. I should cancel: I don't really need or even deserve another trip to NYC this year. And even when you have a cheap flight and well-priced room, NYC is quite expensive. But . . . I know how to take the LIRR from JFK to midtown and back and that saves over $100 in taxi/car fare right there.

2. I can't believe it took me so long to join Facebook. I think it's great, way better than what I saw with MySpace.

3. I read these articles, and when they say at the end that the expensive designer clothes "will be donated to charity," I always imagine them going to Deseret Industries in big, random box. It takes me a few minutes to realize that the clothes will likely be auctioned for charity or resold (at high prices rather than D.I. prices) with the proceeds being donated to charity. (Side note: what a well-dresed reformer.)

4. I don't think I am ever going to be an adventurous eater/diner. I'm too comfortable with the familiar. I've tried loads of new restaurants in the last few weeks and haven't been all that pleased.

5. See picture below this post.

Today's Song: Wanting and Regret, Jason Anderson

2 Comments:

At 23 October, 2008 13:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

think you should cancel your trip to NYC and come to DC. Yeah?

 
At 25 October, 2008 20:37, Blogger Lincoln said...

Everyone says the same thing when they join Facebook. I did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home