Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Rest in Peace

The "faux hawk" hairstyle is officially dead. I realized that last night when I attended a Salt Lake Bees game. I saw a boy rocking the faux hawk. He rocked it hard. Meaning he had so much Dippity Do in his hair that it was actually hard. I suspect he was from Magna or maybe Grantsville. He was innocent enough. However, in my opinion, when a once cutting edge style reaches the population of Magna, it's over. The style had a good, what, six year run? Time for something new. Maybe the mullet will now be de rigeur. Or the ducktail/rattail. Exciting.

I tried to sneaky squirrel picture of the kid - in order to capture his hawk - however, it didn't turn out very well.

4 Comments:

At 03 May, 2006 14:28, Blogger stella said...

Well, we're going to have to find a new hairstyle for the boy this summer, then. Ummmm, let me think. Maybe ringlets? I dunno. I'll get back to you.

 
At 03 May, 2006 14:36, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the ringlets idea. And honestly, does the mullet ever really go out of style?

 
At 03 May, 2006 15:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the link to the Dippity Do site really necessary?

 
At 04 May, 2006 07:39, Blogger h.justin said...

Actually, "anonymous," I was curious as to whether they still actually made and sold the Dippity Do product. So I looked it up, and saved everyone else the hassle by attaching the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home