Wednesday, May 16, 2007

From the hjustin Archives:

The summer before I started law school I took a job at the same company my mom worked for. I was in the human resources department and I was filling in for a few months for a girl that had recently left. I didn't have much to do the first few days I was there and so I spent alot of time exploring what was on her computer. And whoever was in charge of getting me set up on her computer didn't do a very good job because they left her inter-company e-mail in tact.

On her computer, this girl had stored some modelling shots she'd had taken of herself. Head shots, body shots (in swimsuit), and editorial type shots. I'd never met the girl before, but she was pretty and seemed quite nice - and also a bit dumb (based on my reading of her e-mail - shut up! You'd have done the same.)

One afternoon, after having found these swimsuit pictures and having explored her active e-mail account, the Evil Leprachaun that lives within me came out to play.

I drafted an e-mail that read something like:

"Hey there,

I know we've never actually met in person, but we work for the same company and all so how about a little helpful advice: I recently had some pictures taken and I am wondering if you think they are good enough to get me some magazine or catalog work? Could be my ticket out of here.

Thanks,

/s/ Girl Whose Computer I Took Over"

I then attached some of her photos, and then I went into the huge corporate e-mail directory and randomly selected about 10 guys to send the e-mail to. And then I waited for the responses.

"Hey you! Hell yes! Your hot - send more!!!!" Seemed to be the common response. I think I got one or two: "This probably isn't appropriate for work." Some didn't reply. I think I did it the next day too. Then I told my mom about it at lunch. She was horrified, but couldn't help laughing.

I just realized the most disturbing part of that story: It took place exactly ten years ago.

Today's Song: Wishing On A Star, Rose Royce (Yes, I watched some American Idol last night. Don't judge.)

4 Comments:

At 16 May, 2007 11:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute story.
I watched some Idol too - I don't understand these final rounds. I came in at Ryan saying to Melinda, "Producer choice -"Nutbush City Limits!" Awkward pause. Me: "I do not know that song." Thankfully, Melinda did.

 
At 16 May, 2007 20:22, Blogger Sara Z. said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again (and always with affection): you are a menace to society.

 
At 17 May, 2007 08:21, Blogger Unknown said...

Things like this make me like you even more.

 
At 17 May, 2007 16:27, Blogger h.justin said...

SZ - I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree with you.

UP - I'll have to check the archives for similar stories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home