Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Lesson Learned the Hard Way

You know, I don't think I learn lessons anyway other than the hard way.

For example, this lesson: Do not attempt to take a picture of yourself while riding a herky jerky ride such as the Wild Mouse at Lagoon. You will hit a crazy turn and your Blackberry Pearl will go flying out of your hand and fly at an alarming speed to the hard asphalt three feet below. And then you will watch completely helpless (because you are stuck on the ride) as people run over to it and inspect the damage.

However, this lesson was also learned: Invest in Blackberry Pearls. I kid you not, by some divine technological miracle, the phone survived and works perfectly. Seriously. What are the chances?

In other news, Happy Birthday Jim.

And in other news, I hear the cinnamon butter at Texas Roadhouse is pretty damn awesome. I haven't yet tried it myself.

Today's Song: Ignition, R. Kelly (dedicated to Uncle)

4 Comments:

At 17 October, 2007 10:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 Feet below or 3 Stories below? Imainge if you had gotten the photo at that very second, it would probably be a Photo Of The Day on Yahoo or something.

 
At 17 October, 2007 10:54, Blogger Unknown said...

Herky Jerky. Excellent phrase.

 
At 17 October, 2007 13:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought the day would come when I would say to self, "I miss Lagoon.."
Many happy returns to Uncle Jim.

 
At 17 October, 2007 14:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE MADE IT! I am named in your blog! Thank you! I must say I do count my many blessings on a day such as this, being as old as dirt, and one of them is having you as my nephew!

I do wonder if the pearl could after, its name, survive a being pushed in a Vegas pool. Hope to never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home