Friday, May 09, 2008

Blindsided

This morning when I was getting ready for work, this song played on my iPod. It was a pleasant surprise because I wasn't very familiar with the song. I think it fit this grey morning quite well.

Allow me to share the song with you:

Blindsided, Ben Iver

And for good measure, another song that popped up that also fits today's grey morning:

Dollar and a Dream, Nels Andrews

For those out there that don't appreciate sensitive singer songwriters and/or prefer a more electric jolt in the morning, I'll give you some Sophie Ellis Bextor next week.

Actually, I'll reward you today after all:

Shake It, The Metro

For you Brit Pop Top 40 fans:

If You Go, Sophie Ellis Bextor

Now listen to me, if you want to feel like you live and work in London, and it's Friday at four pm, and you're thinking you want to stop into a pub after work because the sun is out and you don't quite want to jump the tube for your commute to Hammersmith, and think that just maybe after the pub you and your mates could pop over to OddBins for bottle of Bolla Soave and then just take off your ties and hit the clubs, or maybe head to Selfridges and buy a new shirts to wear out, well, then just listen to that last song. Because that is the song you will likely hear blaring the pub (I imagine) or on the speaker at OddBins (I suspect) and definitely playing on the first floor of Selfridges (guaranteed).

Alright, new music for you today. Enjoy.

1 Comments:

At 12 May, 2008 22:49, Blogger Ryan & Holly Willard said...

Hey Justin, Stella gave me your blog. I love it! Thanks for the music. Hopefully see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home