Thursday, May 14, 2009

Maybe Blogging Just Prepared Me For Facebook

In March 1999, I went to Las Vegas for Spring Break. One late afternoon/early evening, I was just out of the shower and getting ready to go out for the night. I was staying at the Mandalay Bay and had a west facing room with floor to ceiling windows. The sun was just starting to set and it bathed the room in a really amazing light. I'd spent the day at the pool and was a little sunburned because I still had Utah winter skin. The radio was on because back then I didn't travel with iPod, iPod speakers, and a catalogue of thousands of songs. I wasn't really paying too much attention to the radio because in between songs there were frequent traffic reports and commercials. Then all of a sudden I heard something about "sunscreen" in kind of a freaky voice. I stopped and listened to the radio. I heard this, and I honestly wondered if God was talking to me:



Baz's words of wisdom still come to me on an almost weekly basis. Sometimes it's the bit about the race being long, sometimes it's appreciating youth, sometimes it's "you are not as fat as you imagine", and sometimes it's everyone should live in NYC once in their life but leave before it makes them hard. The whole thing is just amazing and today I really wanted to hear it in its entirety. Maybe you do, too.

It's today's song.

1 Comments:

At 25 May, 2009 12:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes me cry every time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home