Friday, July 07, 2006

Pool Rules

The pool area at the Cancun resort had some key rules:

First rule:



I was pretty clear on this one.

Second rule:



This one was less clear, but I'm pretty sure I didn't break it.

Third rule:

The ubiquitous "No Running." This one, well, let's just say I had a problem with it and suffered the consequences. See below. The consequences included scraped up face, cut inner lip, and a wheelchair ride to my room. I wasn't happy about the wheelchair and refused to use it. The safety people pleaded, "Senor, please." I wasn't receptive, "I'm not getting in that." Again, the safety people insisted, "But senor, you are eenjured." I stayed strong, "I don't need it, I'm fine." They couldn't be dissuaded, "Seeeennnnnnoooooorrrrrrr, pleeeaaaasssseeeee." I gave in, "Alright fine, but I'm driving."



I went to a pharmacy to get vitamin E and bandaids for my wounds. If you aren't familiar with Mexican pharmacies, they operate a little differently than U.S. pharmacies. Certain medications are available without a prescription. To wit, I requested vitamin E, the pharmacist replied, "Sure, may I offer you some vicodin, percodan, xanax also?" Bienvenido a Mexico, indeed.

9 Comments:

At 07 July, 2006 09:18, Blogger b-lo said...

Does rule number 2 have to do with going "number 2"? Imagine being commissioned to create that sign.

Frankly, you look like a bad ass with those wounds. Don't mess with senor Justin.

 
At 07 July, 2006 09:59, Blogger Unknown said...

Bad ass is right.

 
At 07 July, 2006 11:09, Blogger stella said...

Oooh, Justin. That picture hurts.
Frankly, I am still confused at rule number 1. "Don't throw lounge chairs in the pool"? I don't get it.

 
At 07 July, 2006 11:21, Blogger b-lo said...

Stella, I thought it might be a skate board. No skating in the pool.

 
At 07 July, 2006 12:47, Blogger h.justin said...

There was a very, very shallow area of the pool. I suspect people were prone to take the chairs and set them in that shallow area to catch a breeze off the water. Hence, the need for pool rule number 1. As for number 2 . . .

 
At 07 July, 2006 13:23, Blogger Sara Z. said...

What ever would posess a grown man to run by the pool?

 
At 07 July, 2006 13:29, Blogger h.justin said...

Sara Z, old habits die hard. I still get the lifeguard whistle. Incidentally, at the airport duty free, I bought the Hermes Un Jardin d'Nil fragrance that your G mentioned that night at Z Tejas. It's nice.

 
At 07 July, 2006 13:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hermes Un Jardin d'Nil--isn't that the one I liked and suggested you sample in San Francisco c. 2003? The one B-lo tried on and made you both sick? Regardless, that's what I think of whenever I see it. I always like it, but for that reason, never bought it. >:-<

 
At 07 July, 2006 13:46, Blogger h.justin said...

No vt you are mistaken. Hermes launched this particular fragrance in 2005 - well before the incident of 2003 (but I don't remember which one you are referring to).

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home