Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Voted

I voted in Davis County. At the elementary school I attended. I realize that I should be registered in Salt Lake County, but in the 14 years that I've been voting (and living in Salt Lake), I've never quite gotten around to it. My vote would certainly do more good in Salt Lake County where the races are closer and more contested (and Democratic candidates have a chance of election), but truthfully, I kind of like the visit to my old school. It is very much a time warp to vote in the same room where I played dodge ball, took the Presidential fitness test, and sang patriotic songs ("God Bless the USA") in school programs. Some of the teachers that taught there when I attended are still teaching there. The faculty pictures were posted so it was nice to see Miss Jones, Miss Canfield, and Mrs. Neal. Not surprising that the Misses are still teaching there, I guess. They were/are spinsters. That's not nice - I don't mean it.

I hope you all voted too.

Today's Song: God Bless the U.S. and A., Lee Greenwood
_____________

EDIT:

Today's Song is actually: God Bless the U.S.A., Dolly Parton (check out her cover version on iTunes and you'll see why the edit was necessary)

3 Comments:

At 07 November, 2006 14:53, Blogger Unknown said...

US and A. That kills me.

 
At 07 November, 2006 14:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Jones scared the shit out of me when I was a first grader.

 
At 07 November, 2006 15:01, Blogger h.justin said...

Me too, Leah. In fact, I'm still a little leary of her. I wonder if she'd scare Ava or if Ava would scare her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home