Friday, March 23, 2007

364 Days . . .

and counting. I've had a blog for nearly a year. Birthday is tomorrow. I suppose I will have to mark the occasion with some sort of celebration.

Poor, poor George. I don't recall ever empathizing with a tv character the way I did last night with poor George. He needed some Origins "No Puffery," some Rohto menthol eye drops, a Spicy V8, etc. Poor guy. Alright, I know he brought it on himself, but, well, ouch.

I nearly got in a car accident on heavily trafficked Riverdale Road yesterday. Riverdale Road has to be one of the best examples of a complete failure of urban planning. It is a nightmare. What nearly caused my car accident was seeing a stand alone Macy's in what used to be, maybe, a Walmart. I kid you not. I'd never seen anything like it.

From there, I attempted to have lunch at Warren's at the north end of Riverdale Road. It's been there ever since I can remember. I loved their fries, lime rickeys, and even remember having a marshmallow shake there once when I was quite little. I speak of Warren's in past tense now because it was being demolished. I need to research whether it's a remodel in progress or something much worse.

After my arbitration I went to Layton Hills Mall. Teen stores galore there. Anchor Blue, Aeropostale, Buckle, Zumiez, Pac Sun, Hollister, Hot Topic. Seriously, the median age of shoppers there must be 20. But that was okay with me because I was looking for a pair of Billabong plaid pants. (No luck.)

I'm hoping for pool weather tomorrow.

Today's Song: Still Alright, Adam Merrin

Incidentally, I searched for this song on-line last night for at least half an hour and it was nowhere to be found. Today, it's everywhere. Including the artist's myspace page where you can stream it. See here.

6 Comments:

At 23 March, 2007 09:21, Blogger b-lo said...

Billabong plaid pants? To go with your new shoes? Hot.

Pool weather tomorrow would make it almost a month earlier than last year. A plus side of global warming maybe?

 
At 23 March, 2007 09:35, Blogger h.justin said...

Sales clerk at Nordstrom (Brass Connection) in Spokane had them. He got his at the Rack.

Yesterday I read the forecast for tomorrow wrong. Or maybe the forecast was actually wrong. At any rate, I thought tomorrow was to be at least seventy degrees and sunny.

 
At 23 March, 2007 11:57, Blogger Lincoln said...

I have no rational basis for the following...but the city of Layton scares me.

 
At 23 March, 2007 13:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday c of s

 
At 23 March, 2007 14:50, Blogger h.justin said...

I can give you rational basis for your statement, Lincoln.

Did you know that the Layton Olive Garden is the most profitable Olive Garden in all the land? I think it is number 1. If it isn't, it's number two. And number 1 is Times Square or something like that.

 
At 23 March, 2007 16:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN! Grey's was new last night?

Luckily I have 8 minutes until the replay starts. This blog just saved my life...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home