Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Are these the "Dog Days of Summer"?

Because it sure feels like it to me. But even though it is hot and sunny and all the pools are open, I'm still able to day dream about this awesome cruise. Seriously, how great would that be?

My foot is still broken. Probably not broken, broken, but still very painful. I walk like Virgil in The Usual Suspects. Full on gimp. I am thinking about getting a cane.

My cable was out for over a week and it finally came back on yesterday. (When my neighbors moved out and disconnected their service, mine got turned off as well.) To commemorate the occasion of restored service, I saw the pilot episode of The Flight of the Conchords. I liked it well enough.

Yaaawwwnnnn! I'm really boring even myself today. I hope everyone else is faring better.

Today's Song(s): This Must Be the Place (Naiive Melody), Shawn Colvin covering Talking Heads (Colvin and John Hiatt are in concert tonight at The Depot - anyone have an extra ticket?); La Cienega Just Smiled, Ryan Adams (in concert tonight at Red Butte - plenty of tickets available, apparently); Over My Head (Cable Car), The Fray (in concert tonight at E Center - plenty of tickets available, apparently)

3 Comments:

At 31 July, 2007 11:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you forgetting a Jordin Sparks song for the big Idol concert at the Delta Center tonight? Come on, Blake Lewis at the very least.

 
At 31 July, 2007 11:36, Blogger h.justin said...

I intended to, but when I didn't see the concert listed on SmithsTix, I assumed Great American Idol was actually on another night. But you are right -it is tonight. So, "This Is My Moment," by Jordin Sparks. That was her song, right?

Now, tell us your theory about cannonballs at the pool!

 
At 31 July, 2007 15:35, Blogger stella said...

The cruise looks amazing. You know I love me some John Hiatt. February is the perfect time to get outta dodge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home