Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Do you ever get the feeling

that you're just an angel flying too close to the ground? I don't remember which Willie Nelson song that lyric is from, but I do know that when you get a call on a summer afternoon inquiring whether you are interested in seeing Willie Nelson later that night in Wendover - you just say yes. And then try to recall whether your red bandana is clean and if your braids need re-braiding. I said yes, and my red bandana is fairly clean. I have, however, no braids whatsoever.

On the road again. I just can't wait to get on the road again. I will not be drinking anymore Boone's Farm. I am relieved though that Boone's Farm is not a bum wine, so if I felt at liberty to drink some, I wouldn't feel shamed in doing so.

Alot of people are complaining about the heat. Don't get them started. Don't even get them started. Me? I don't mind the heat.

That's about all I have for today. Except that I finally saw "Hey Paula!" on Bravo. She's just really, really tired, I guess. And that equals train wreck. Or maybe she too is just an angel flying to close to the ground.

Today's Song: Pancho & Lefty, Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings

8 Comments:

At 10 July, 2007 14:55, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you finally saw 'Hey, Paula.' I do love a good train wreck.

 
At 10 July, 2007 15:02, Blogger stella said...

I think you're obliged to drink whiskey at a Willie concert.

 
At 10 July, 2007 15:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for the record, how many of the bum wines have you tried? Me, I think two.

 
At 10 July, 2007 15:36, Blogger Sarah Bellum said...

My only regret at a Willie concert was not buying the Willie doll. If they have it get us both one!

 
At 10 July, 2007 15:38, Blogger h.justin said...

Just one: MD 20/20 aka "Angry Canine". And it didn't go well. I tried it out at a Kappa date party - I think I was in a toga; and I ended up closing the night at the Chi O house. I never got near the dog again.

 
At 10 July, 2007 15:40, Blogger h.justin said...

And I will look for the Willie Doll, bellum.

 
At 10 July, 2007 15:45, Blogger Sarah Bellum said...

Wish I had known you were going. I have the braids. They would have looked oh so fab on you. Have fun!

 
At 11 July, 2007 09:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love Pancho & Lefty! The summer it came out, my sister and I called KISN every day with a Pancho & Lefty request. We really got on their nerves but sometimes they played it... out of kindness, I suppose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home