Friday, June 29, 2007

This and That

I'm convinced the cons of the iPhone outweigh the pros, and all the hype is off-putting. That being said, I want to get up close and personal with one today. (That's as close as I get to a dirty dListed phrase.)

My new bicycle is amazing. However, I am paranoid about it being stolen. I can't ride it to the store - where would I leave it? It has parts people could - and possibly would - steal. Last night I got to thinking about how great it would be if Gateway offered valet parking for bicycles. The Arts Festival did - and if you valet parked your bike, you got $2 off your admission ticket. Loved that - though I actually took my circa 2000 Razr scooter (yes, with light up wheels) to the festival.

My new secretary is also amazing. She wears fake eyelashes - a full on strip - everyday.

Valuable lesson learned: just because Southwest shows a seat available for purchase on a particular flight does not mean that you can claim that seat is available for Rapid Rewards. That runs counter to what I always believed and I suspect I am not alone. So take note.

If I were to start a new career today, it would involve tattoo removal. I am convinced that is going to be a booming industry. Or I would invent temporary tattoos that last for, say, a maximum of two years.

I am tempted to look into tickets for the Spice Girl reunion tour. Specifically, the LV show. I think it would be quite interesting.

Finally, I really, really wish I were catching the Jitney later this afternoon.

Today's Song: Everybody Knows, Ryan Adams

6 Comments:

At 29 June, 2007 08:52, Blogger Unknown said...

a) I want a new bike. A turquoise beach cruiser. Does your folding bike come with a bag to carry it in?

b) Is your new secertary the type you've always wanted?

c) Leah loved Tea Partay as much as I did. And she wonders why you weren't in it.

 
At 29 June, 2007 09:11, Blogger h.justin said...

UP: a) No, it doesn't fold that small; b) No, wrong race, wrong accent, and wrong size; c) Me too, me too. Isn't the main guy from SNL?

 
At 29 June, 2007 09:30, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. It's been known to happen once or twice. Or thirty times.

And good news, I'm unlocked again.

 
At 29 June, 2007 11:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally registered for Vegas Spice Girls tix, and urge you to do the same. Vegas when girl power is running amok? Sounds good to me!

 
At 29 June, 2007 12:54, Blogger h.justin said...

Agreed. I registered too. Given the date of the concert, maybe we can make an LV birthday trip out of it.

 
At 01 July, 2007 07:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HJ, I would totally steal your bicycle if I saw it at Smith's and suspect there are plenty of other people who would do the same.

I steal things all the time, it's just something I do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home