Monday, June 25, 2007

Don't Get Me Started

don't even get me started. Well, get me started.

On Thursday night, I happened to see Molly Shannon guest host SNL - it originally aired back in May. OMG almost every skit was laugh out loud funny. And Stella, Barlow, and I were reenacting scenes all weekend long.

I also went to the Arts Festival on Thursday night. Bud Light was really cheap - however Budweiser was not.



Go figure.

Then I stared at this sign for about two minutes in disbelief.



1986 was twenty one years ago! I don't know where you were on June 21, 1986, but I think I was at a party in Mindy and Mary Alice Coolidge's basement.

This is for Jedd and Stella:



In other news, I'm considering suing Bath & Body Works. I went in the Trolley Square store with Ava - she's six years old. She asked me to buy her something. I agreed. She picked out a book. I was thrilled she didn't pick out some smelly lotion, lipstick, or anything glittery. I couldn't get in trouble for buying her a simple book. So I paid for it without even really looking at it. My mistake. This is the book. HUGE mistake. Everyone was horrified that I purchased that for a six year old. And I was mortified. I learned more about girls in the few seconds that I flipped through that book than I ever wanted to know. That book should be wrapped in brown paper, clearly labeled with an enormous warning sign, and should be kept behind the counter. I'm still shell shocked over the situation.

I have a major crush on Molly Shannon right now. Seriously. Someone have her call me.

Who didn't see this coming? Seriously.

Today's Song: Bartender, T-Pain ("She made us drinks to drink, we drank 'em, got drunk")

5 Comments:

At 25 June, 2007 10:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about little Ava's book are the Amazon.com helpful insights regarding "other customers who purchased this book also bought these books....."
At least they didn't include Beverly Clearly's "Dear God, It's Me Margaret"

We very well may have been reading "Dear God, It's Me Margaret" in the coolidge twin's basement back in 1986. Anyone also at those parties remember?

 
At 25 June, 2007 13:37, Blogger stella said...

I love how she had no qualms about calming ripping the "offensive" material out and handing it to Annie. I should stash it somewhere for the dreaded Maturation event at school. Isn't that the 5th grade? Don't get me started. Don't even get me started.

 
At 25 June, 2007 13:47, Blogger Sarah Bellum said...

Now, now HJ. Midgets need beer, too.

Good seeing you at fest. Wish I would have made it over to meet your pals, but being on a date I was making an attempt not to ditch my date.

 
At 25 June, 2007 16:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stella, that was my favorite part of the whole book situation too. Thank goodness the mom's were all there to intervene. I would have never even looked at the book. 3 kids in my care would have gone home with full knowledge of female reproduction. Don't get me started.

 
At 25 June, 2007 16:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the SNL with the apartment meeting? V. funny if yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home