Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Let's Try It Again; From the Top - More Energy This Time

(I hope that doesn't sound dirty. I just meant my last post was so boring, I thought I should give it another go.)

My senior year of university, I interned at the Utah House of Representatives. I really enjoyed the gig. But those Utah politicians . . . pretty crazy, huh? Don't get me started. Anyway, one day, one of the representatives littered our intern inboxes with a pamphlet that was chock-full of right-wing, religious zealot propaganda. And I didn't like it. But because I was a lowly intern, there wasn't much I could do about it. I couldn't complain to anyone really, and what would they do anyway? Reprimand a representative? Not likely. So I got creative. I sent that pamphlet to Rolly & Wells at the Salt Lake Tribune with a detailed explanation of what had happened. It was in the next day's column. I thought I was a political bad ass.

B-Lo, however, is a gossip bad ass. She made D Listed today! Not as news, but as a news source. Her little Michael K gave her proper credit and everything. So cheers to her.

B-Lo and I are in a bit of row as of late because I have come to favor Perez as a source for celebrity news as opposed to D Listed. Perez's white drawings on photos notwithstanding, I think MK is a bit too vulgar and more importantly, the stories generally hit Perez first. And really, that's what I'm in it for - the late breaking, up to the minute, exclusive news coverage.

Now, where does Arnold Drummond live again?

5 Comments:

At 31 July, 2007 13:26, Blogger Unknown said...

B-lo's a total bad ass.

 
At 31 July, 2007 14:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An "xoxox" from Michael K is all the love I need for a long time. His last email to me said, "I know someone from Utah. Poor Gary! But seriously he's a crazy."

He kills me. I wonder if any of us know this Gary character.

I do think MK has been a little cleaner as of late. I'm no prude but he even makes me blush on occasion. But still, Perez is gross.

 
At 31 July, 2007 14:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just occured to me, he meant Gary Coleman, not that he knows some guy named Gary from Utah. Turns out I'm the crazy.

 
At 31 July, 2007 14:14, Blogger Unknown said...

MK is better than Perez any day.

 
At 31 July, 2007 15:39, Blogger stella said...

I think G.C. lives in Santaquin. Weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home