Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Well done Readers

Friday's comments were, well, awesome. I mean, come on: everyone sharing their love for Grease 2, throwing in a 9 to 5 reference, and then tossing in some Sia and mix tape talk. That makes the blog fun for me which in turn makes me want to make it fun for you also. Deanna wins the top prize (assuming I provided such prizes for comments) for her comment.

Has everyone seen the PostSecret video this week? It's sweet and set to Breathe Me, by Sia. Most will recognize the song from the finale of Six Feet Under, and I rarely turn down an opportunity to post the last six minutes of that series. Go on, cry a little.

Am going to take a little quiz posted by DeeDee, and invite everyone to share in the comments, if they wish.

1. What is the oldest CD you own?

Simon & Garfunkel, Live in Central Park (the first cd I ever owned) (Oldest cassette tape - probably No Jacket Required, Phil Collins)

2. What is the oldest article of clothing you own?

A Road Runner mitten that I got when I was maybe two.

3. What is the oldest article of clothing you wear?

Banana Republic brown leather jacket I got when I was 15 is probably the oldest article of clothing I still actively wear and of which I am the original owner.


4. Who is your oldest friend that you are still in touch with?

Ali D.

5. What is the oldest DVD you own?

When Harry Met Sally

6. What is your oldest childhood possession?

Baby quilt; stuffed Snoopy bean bag given to me by my uncle Jim; and a stuffed elephant. All from roughly the same period, i.e. infancy.

7. What is the oldest thing in your refrigerator?

Baking soda

8. What is your oldest Id card ?

Greek ID comes to mind first, but I'm sure I could my hands on a high school ID pretty quickly.

Today's Song: Sunshine On My Shoulders, John Denver

4 Comments:

At 14 August, 2007 10:25, Blogger Unknown said...

I loved the end of SFU. Loved it.

I posted my response over at my place.

 
At 14 August, 2007 14:22, Blogger stella said...

Tears. Thanks, Justin. I forgot to check postsecret.com on Sunday because I was out of town. I need to put that song on my running mix on my iPod. I love a good cry when I run.

 
At 14 August, 2007 17:17, Blogger Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I like todays song. Gotta love John Denver.
The good thing about shopping at Banana Republic is their clothes rarely go out of style.

 
At 15 August, 2007 15:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool it Justin, your blog readers will get jealous of me. If only they knew I was one of the most boring people on the planet earth!

Oldest CD: I just checked and it's probably The Lost Boys Soundtrack followed by Madonna's Immaculate collection.

Oldest clothing: Wool Sweater/Jacket purchased at Urban Outfitters in Boston with my first paycheck out of college.

Oldest clothing I wear: Brown pumps and wool coat from Italy trip in 1999. I better still use that crap, all we did the entire trip was shop.

The rest of my answers are too boring to even mention. I don't have ANY DVD's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home