Friday, August 10, 2007

Random Thoughts

nothing of substance here today.

Perhaps, by chance, you, like me, wondered recently if Byron Velvick and Mary Delgado are still together and maybe even married? If so, look here and click on "photos". Still together.

I don't mind this being a lead article on the Yahoo! home page today.

I have it on good authority that the outdoor patio at Panache is the place to enjoy the Twilight Concert Series at Gallivan.

Why doesn't Old Navy offer three new jean fits for men? Relaxed boot leg is bored.

Weeds is must see tv. Damages is good too, though I think I missed this week's episode.

Last night I found $11.00 in a pair of jeans I haven't worn for a few months. One of life's simple pleasures.

I'm going to come clean here and proclaim my love for Grease 2. I think I can sing the Grease 2 soundtrack better than the Grease soundtrack. I had a huge crush on Olivia Newton John from about the time I was five and it lasted all through the eighties. But my love for Michelle Pfeiffer goes pretty, pretty deep. I bought Grease 2 on dvd at Shopko this week. (I know, Shopko - right?) The next day, I kid you not, Grease 2 was on HBO when I turned on the tv. "I'll be yours in summer - when we're playing in the sand -we'll spend the day together - making love and getting tanned . . ." (Side note, why do I share this?) Incidentally, I do have a particularly fond memory of singing Grease 2 song lyrics with SJ on the Jubilee line of the London underground on our way back from Chilis at Canary Wharf. Shout out to her.

I need to download some new music. This is a request for suggestions. Comment, comment, comment. Thank you.

Today's Song: And We Danced, The Hooters; but I also have to add Six Different Ways, The Cure (from The Rules of Attraction soundtrack) as I am really appreciating it right this very minute.

7 Comments:

At 10 August, 2007 08:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for posting early today hjustin! xo

 
At 10 August, 2007 09:00, Blogger Unknown said...

It's by no means new music, but no one's music collection is complete without some Jimi Hendrix. Songs of note: Little Wing, Castles Made of Sand, Red House, Voodoo Child (Slight Return) and Night Bird Flying.

Shopko? Really?

 
At 10 August, 2007 09:16, Blogger Georgeory said...

Mr. Stewart, do guys like you--you know, mature and all--carry protection? For sexual occasions...

 
At 10 August, 2007 16:40, Blogger Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I didn't think anyone else knew there was a grease 2. I use to watch G2 when before going to bed when I was younger.
I want a coooooool rider,
A cool, cool, cool, cool rider.

 
At 11 August, 2007 13:49, Blogger Georgeory said...

I thought you were referring to Maria Delgado rather than Mary Delgado. Remember how Maria made comparisons of her salary to Roz's and Mr. Hart's? Then Mr. Hart said, "Fire the Bitch!"

 
At 11 August, 2007 14:24, Blogger SJ said...

Love, love, love Grease 2. Favorite songs: Cool Rider, Reproduction, We're Gonna Score Tonight, Girl for all Seasons. Songs that never should have made the cut: Let's Do It For Our Country and Charades. I realize Michael C. needed a song, but come on...that song is as bad as Rizzo's solo song in Grease. Can you say fast forward. My dream in life is to own a motorcycle with a side car. It would be sweet.

 
At 14 August, 2007 08:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Postsecret this week is a video set to music. The song was Breathe Me by Sia. Seemed pretty decent, you may want to listen to it.

In Junior high/high school, I was very self conscious about what I watched or listened to in front of my parents (I think this stemmed from a very embarrassing song lyric incident when I was 10 or 11). Anyway, the scene 'lets do it for our country' was not something I wanted my parents to know I had ever seen, so somehow I got ahold of a copy of the movie without that part in it and was very proud of myself. Watched it a million times after that. It must have been recorded off TV.

I also made a variety of George Michael tapes without one hint of the song "I want your sex" which I would use whenever my mom was around.

I can't believe I'm admitting any of this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home