Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bright Light City

gonna set my soul on fire.

I flew to Las Vegas on Saturday morning ready to celebrate my birthday and armed with a new digital camera.

The weather in LV was much better than in SLC. Here is a view of Las Vegas Blvd. from the airport.



At the airport, I bought a fountain soda. The fountain was self-serve. On the fountain a sign was posted: "Refills .79". Let it be known that if you pay $3 for a self-serve soda at the airport - and actually pay the .79 (plus tax) to refill it, you aren't honest, you are an idiot. No offense.

My first hotel was not glamourous, but it did have a nice view of the strip and excellent shuttle service to the Bellagio. A view from my hotel (again the weather was much better than in SLC):



I spent quite a bit of time at the Bellagio pools. Very nice.



Later that night, in search of a mobile phone charger. I saw Nicky Hilton at the Venetian. She was with her beau Kevin Connolly. I went up to her and said, "Hi Nicky, can I get a picture of you and Kevin? I promise it won't end up in US." Surpringly, they obliged:

Las Vegas friends.



(On my flight home I read US and learned that just the week before Elliot Yamin was "scolded" at the Beverly Hills Hotel by security when he tried to snap a picture of Nicky and Brandon Davis.)

I didn't once go to O'Sheas, but I did go to Wynn - and I highly recommend a visit to the property.





On Sunday, I moved into the Bellagio. The room was very nice, but the view left a little to be desired.



My birthday cake was a "Zombie." It was actually a drink. When I ordered it, the waitress looked at me like I'd made a mistake. She said, "Is big drink." I said, "Is big birthday." I didn't realize until the drink was delivered that her idea of big drink was much bigger than my idea of big drink. She brought me a trough. In the center was a floater of Bacardi 151 - lit. The other diners gasped. Including a stranger at the table next to me who actually said, "Holy Shit!" I wasn't dissuaded.



The next day, my dad checked into a penthouse suite at the Mirage. Top floor of the hotel with views of the entire strip. I wanted to move in permanently, and it took every ounce of self discipline I possess to leave and catch my flight last night. Here is a look at the awesome chamber. (Actually, blogger is tempermental - I will put those photos in a separate post.

Yesterday, I bought this swim costume. In case you were curious.

Happy Birthday to b-lo. Her birthday is today.

3 Comments:

At 30 May, 2006 09:46, Blogger stella said...

I love, love, love the picture of you and your birthday drink.

 
At 30 May, 2006 10:01, Blogger Unknown said...

Me too. You don't look like a monkey at all.

 
At 30 May, 2006 12:35, Blogger b-lo said...

What a dream weekend. I'm surprised you came home. I'm not surprised that you managed to get a photo of Nikki, nor that you look better than both of them combined.

Thanks for the b-day shout out. And of course, happy birthday to you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home