Wednesday, May 24, 2006

We're Closing Early Today.

For service, please head directly to www.sarazarr.com because her post today is excellent. A great Q & A about a book that I can't wait to not only buy but actually READ.

P.S. I actually text messaged a vote to American Idol last night. Having never voted on AI before, I was hesitant about doing it. Is it worth the time and hassle? Does my one vote really matter? Will my voice really be heard? Isn't the election already decided? But I realized, that if I didn't vote, I would forfeit my right to complain about the winner. In the end, I am glad I fulfilled my civic/pop-cultural duty. I hope you did too. I am really, really pulling for Jasmine Trias. I love those flowers she wears in her hair.

5 Comments:

At 24 May, 2006 15:57, Blogger b-lo said...

Jasmine Trias? You kill me.

Remember last night when Ryan said "Even if you've never voted before, vote tonight." I wondered if that little bit of marketing suggestion worked. I guess it did.

I voted 5 times for the same person. I won't say who because, really, does it matter? Either way, I'm looking forward to the finale and even more excited to have 2 nights free after 6 months of devoted Idol watching.

 
At 24 May, 2006 17:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't like either of them and since Chris is gone....fuck everyone else. I pulled a boycott!

 
At 25 May, 2006 09:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See what I mean....stupid Soul Patrol is an idiot. If I hear that one more time.

Quite a star studded show last night. How about more people voted on idol than for the president? That tells us all something.

 
At 25 May, 2006 09:39, Blogger h.justin said...

Mr. Seacrest said that and I thought, "well in your silly little contest people can vote as many times as they want." And then considered that if I cast as many votes as I wanted in a political election, my candidates would probably win more often. But then I realized that the conservative right wing is so much more organized and vocal that they'd burn up the phone lines and give themselves blisters from text messaging votes, and then GW would still be where he is.

I hope that when Taylor says "Soul Patrol" people get confused and think he is saying "Snow Patrol" because that band deserves more exposure.

I am so glad Michael McDonald is making a comeback!

 
At 25 May, 2006 11:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess in my stupidity, I forgot that you can vote over and over. I wish I could do that in a political election as well. I always try to punch my holes extra hard thinking it will help the person win! Never happens. Maybe the next election should be done AI style and we can get more voters??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home