Friday, May 26, 2006

I Don't Want to Get "Dooced"

but I have to share this work-related story.

The paralegal whose cubicle is right outside my office is getting married in July. And the wedding planning is in full effect. Photographer, videographer, dress, rings, invitations - the whole lot, are being arranged all day everyday. Today, I got to see the veil. Apparently, she brought it to work to discuss with other paralegals how she should wear her hair with it. And this part I don't understand: she was saying that she can't wear the veil to work, but might wear the tiara. ("Huh?" you are wondering - well, me too.) I guess she is having her hair done and having a tiara and veil put in for her "bridals." (I think that means pre-wedding bridal pictures.) And they are going to be done on a workday. So, the paralegals are encouraging her to come to work with wedding hair and accoutrements. (I'll be here on time that day.) But she's wary of wearing the veil to work. No problem with the tiara. (This is her third marriage by the way.)

So the point of the story: I can't imagine how poor Jim must have felt on the Office with his Pam planning her wedding (to Roy) at work in front of him. I'd have turned in a complaint on her too.

I make this promise: if the wedding hair, tiara, and veil comes to work, I will sneaky squirrel a picture of that and put it on the world wide web.

7 Comments:

At 26 May, 2006 09:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I now have something to live for, HJ. Give her some encouragement!
Pam would never do something like bring a veil or tiara to the office. "Scrantonicity" is as far as it went-and that was for a laugh with her Jim.

 
At 26 May, 2006 09:03, Blogger Unknown said...

I'd wear a tiara to work everyday if I knew it wouldn't get snatched by grabby hands. Think of the treatment I'd get if I wore it everyday.

 
At 26 May, 2006 09:14, Blogger h.justin said...

vt: you are wrong. Remember in conflict resolution Jim turned a complaint in on Pam for planning her wedding at work. Pam thought it was Angela, Angela denied it, and Jim finally confessed.

slcup: I think you should wear the tiara to work tomorrow when you are queen for the day.

 
At 26 May, 2006 09:32, Blogger Unknown said...

Is that a dare? Cuz I will.

 
At 26 May, 2006 09:43, Blogger stella said...

Please, please, please sneaky squirrel a picture! I wore neither a veil nor a tiara at my wedding. I choose to live vicariously through others.

 
At 26 May, 2006 10:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you calling me out on my knowledge of The Office? I know that it was Jim who filed the complaint to Toby. Pam wanted to take back her (already late) "Save the Date" card from Angela. I'm just saying, Pam wouldn't bring a tiara to the office like say your um, paralegal.
I saw "Sexual Harassment" for the first time last night. I had heard great things, but I'll be honest, it was no "Training Day." Thoughts?

 
At 26 May, 2006 11:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to be anonymous. It's me. You better come through with that picture, HJ. Please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home