Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Nearly Half a Dozen?!

According to this news article, "nearly half a dozen" people have objected to the name of a restaurant soon to open in Scottsdale, Arizona. The restaurant is the "Pink Taco". And if you've been to the restaurant in the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, you know the people of Scottsdale are lucky to have such a fine establishment opening in their town. It's dee-lish-us! So really, there isn't any need for a negative fuss.

I love, however, that nearly half a dozen people - so that's at least three, but not quite six people, just four or five - were able to generate a national news headline over the name of a restaurant! I can't help but wonder: is it the power of the people or the power of the pink taco at play?

3 Comments:

At 16 May, 2006 15:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to the LV location on many occasions and love it. I always feel sorry for the poor female server that has to answer to the "witty" guy that orders..."Um, yes I'd like to have your pink taco." Seriously do they think that's a new line?

 
At 16 May, 2006 16:13, Blogger h.justin said...

Actually, auntie, in my experience, the Pink Taco servers are, um, very well "equipped" and able to handle men quite well. There aren't any "poor female" servers on staff - that I've seen anyway. Yet another draw of the Pink Taco.

 
At 17 May, 2006 07:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might be right, but can the idiots stop with dumb pink taco one liners. Seriously do they think they're original? Oh wait, I better keep my mouth shut. Your uncle may have used a line a time or two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home