Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Name is Justin, And I Am Addicted to the Sun.

Hi Justin.

In April I went to Hawaii. After that, I had weekends at various pools. Then a trip to Las Vegas. Then a trip to Cancun. Then a trip to Laguna Beach. That's alot of sun exposure. And apparently my skin is too brown. I know this because today at lunch, I ran into three different people I know, and each one commented on my skin color. That tells me I've hit George Hamilton territory. I know that isn't good.

I do all the things: I wear hats. I slather on sunscreen (30spf on my face, and 8spf everywhere else). Okay, I guess those are the only things I do. I do not stay out of the sun during peak hours nor do I sit in shade. I also don't necessarily wear "cover up" clothing. So I guess that isn't good either.

The thing is when I look in the mirror I don't see a problem. Which reminds me of a poster I saw when I was in high school about eating disorders. Someone created a picture of Princess Diana looking in a mirror and seeing a morbidly obese person reflected. I thought that quite funny at the time. But I guess maybe I have that problem with respect to sun exposure.

So I'm admitting my problem. Now I need to find a support group.

However, I will point out that there are many studies that show sun exposure elevates mood. So maybe I am addicted to the elevated mood.

Irregardless, I am looking forward to flying back down to the OC again this weekend. Old habits die hard.

8 Comments:

At 18 July, 2006 12:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Justin, everyone must die of something.

 
At 18 July, 2006 13:28, Blogger h.justin said...

Ah, memento mori. Thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memento_mori

 
At 19 July, 2006 10:04, Blogger Sara Z. said...

spf 8??? Do they even make that anymore? Why don't you just run naked through Death Valley?

 
At 19 July, 2006 10:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the second "irregardless" posted on your blog? Not to go all word police on you, but its just not a word!

Just the same, miss you.

 
At 19 July, 2006 14:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justy, mean sister is right. I was going to say something, but did not know how. We all make mistakes. We still love you.

 
At 19 July, 2006 14:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thught he was honoring Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch as the Boston kids from SNL. You know, "Wicked awesome" "Nomar" and "irregardless." If that's not the case, I blame the sun.

 
At 19 July, 2006 14:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vt, that made me laugh out loud. I love when they do the Boston kids. So funny.

 
At 19 July, 2006 16:40, Blogger h.justin said...

Actually, I adopted the "irregardless" from VT because she uses it all the time. And I use it in jest with her. Presumably, based on her comment, she adopted it from the SNL "Boston Kids".

No need to "word police" me on this one. Irregardless, I am happy to see people reading so closely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home