Thursday, May 24, 2007

Existential Ennui

I had to Google that term thanks to an e-mail from Sara Z. and this was the first site returned. I'm still not clear on the meaning of "existential ennui," but I thought the article was pretty funny.

Note to readers: Look at yesterday's post and you will see that the best part about it was the comments. Let's keep that going. It's more fun for me, and hopefully for you, when people pipe up.

Although I read a very detailed Lost plot spoiler before watching last night's finale, I still loved it. It was like I got to see two shows: the show as I imagined it in my head when reading the plot spoiler, and then the actual show with all the imagery, acting, music, etc.

Some days, my biggest decision is whether to leave one top button of the shirt open or be so bold as to go with two. Today I went with two because the shirt is British and the British usually go with two.

In my younger years, I used to wear white v-neck undershirts under white dress shirts to give the appearance of garments. Man, I'm telling the internet way too much. But I remembered that this morning and laughed a little.

While I'm in confessional, I will also say that almost all of the information I get about the Iraq war comes from Rosie O'Donnell's blog. Her question and answer section is the best.

Cheers to all the commenters yesterday: well done.

Today's Song: Sporting Life, The Sea and Cake (so, so good)

11 Comments:

At 24 May, 2007 09:59, Blogger Unknown said...

I have no problem with guys having two buttons unbuttoned IF their chest isn't ridiculously hairy and adorned with a gold medalion. It's safe to bet that you're not That Guy and I'm sure you look dapper as always.

 
At 24 May, 2007 11:23, Blogger Georgeory said...

Thank you for not spoiling "Lost" here. I haven't gotten to see the finale yet. I have watched this year without spoilers--I used to read them but for some reason have stopped searching them out.

Two buttons is ok as long as you don't have popcorn bits stuck in your chest hair. Not a hot look

 
At 24 May, 2007 11:27, Blogger h.justin said...

Wow - I didn't even think that I could possibly spoil the episode for someone. I was going mention some of the things I liked about the episode, but I guess my mind sidetracked and I moved on. I never think about spoiler warnings when I do talk about a show, so I'm going to have be more mindful in future.

OT - Where did you get the coconut pancakes you referenced yesterday?

 
At 24 May, 2007 12:45, Blogger stella said...

Don't men's garms have round necks? I can't remember. The bigger question is, why were you faking?

 
At 24 May, 2007 13:11, Blogger Unknown said...

That's what I want to know, too. Why the faking?

 
At 24 May, 2007 13:34, Blogger b-lo said...

I'm guessing you were trying to fit in at a company and in a state that is largely run but guys with smilies. I don't blame you. Fortunately it's reverse discrimination at my work. Non drinkers are considered total nerds here

 
At 24 May, 2007 14:00, Blogger h.justin said...

Stella, they don't really sell undershirts for men with a low, rounded neck. Beehive Clothing Co. excepted, of course.

It's been sooo long since I did so, I hardly remember the reason(s) why. I think it was for job interviews, receptions, etc.

 
At 24 May, 2007 14:06, Blogger Georgeory said...

Coconut pancakes were ordered at the Original Pancake House. Stella and I had a discussion about what to order there while at her celebration barbecue on Saturday evening.

I was the substitute "Justin" that evening. I was playing on the trampoline with Ava and Beck for a good part of the night.

 
At 24 May, 2007 15:18, Blogger b-lo said...

Greg, I just hear Justin do a "Bow wow woooow!"

 
At 24 May, 2007 16:47, Blogger Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Thats pretty funny that you faked the whole garment thing. It could be worse, you could have been a fat old man and really wearing a garment top with out a shirt. Just love that!

 
At 24 May, 2007 17:09, Blogger Sara Z. said...

My new goal in life is to keep sending you emails in which there are words you have to look up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home