Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Some Shakins

My birthday is this coming Monday. Memorial Day! I think it strange that I am already starting to lose track of how old I am. The only time it really hits me with clarity is when I read OK magazine. Because when I read JLo is X, I think "I am only X - how has she done so much more than me?"

In looking at yesterday's post, I am again proud of what a great photographer I am. You see how reflective that window is? Do you see me reflected in it? That spells good photographer.

Maybe I am really sad about something or borderline depressed because last night I teared up when Jordin Sparks sang This Is My Now. I think she's super and although I initally wanted Blake to win, I really only wanted Melinda to lose (no color to her, no pizazz). So Jordin can win. (Also - I can't believe I'm admitting this - I saw Dr. Christina Yang's finale breakdown whilst deleting recordings from my DVR and I teared up at that too!) WTF is wrong with me?!

I told B-Lo recently that my only passion in life right now is Lost. And because I am not a patient person, I researched spoilers for the finale and now I know pretty much everything that is going to happen tonight. But I'm still passionate about it.

I've never been to Ikea. I'm scared of what it is doing to Utah.

I've long been an Urban Outfitters customer. I'm scared of what it will do to Utah.

And this? I'm just glad it is in American Fork.

Before I hit "publish post" I want to point out that I am less embarrassed about telling internet that I teared up over American Idol and a Grey's Anatomy scene than I am about having an opinion on American Idol and admitting that I watched it of my own volition and without any prompting from B-Lo or Stella.

Today's Song: This Is My Now, Jordin Sparks (and also Love Power, Dionne Warwick and Jeffrey Osbourne - because the first was too, too obvious)

14 Comments:

At 23 May, 2007 12:43, Blogger Unknown said...

I've never seen Lost. Apparently I'm the only person on the planet that isn't obsessed with this show.

Is UO coming to Utah?

Seriously, I love In-n-Out Burger. With a passion. The first thing I want to do when I hit Vegas is eat there. I hope that Chadder's is as good as the original, and that patronizing Chadder's doesn't become a habit for me.

I've also never watched a single episode of AI. Am I a pop culture freak?

Buck up, little soldier.

 
At 23 May, 2007 12:46, Blogger h.justin said...

Urban Outfitters is taking over the Virgin Music Store space at Gateway.

I don't think I can support a place called "Chadder's". Stoo-peed name. Sorry, Chad.

 
At 23 May, 2007 13:02, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree Chadder's is a stoo-peed name, but if the food is good...well, what can I say?

I never liked Virgin anyway.

 
At 23 May, 2007 13:16, Blogger stella said...

Justin, how in the world did you come across that link? It's too bad it shows the backside of a large man in a red shirt in line for a double double. I'm disturbed by the fact that they're boasting that they don't have a freezer.

I don't know what to think about the whole IKEA frenzy. I do know that my sister-in-law slept out last night. I just hope R.C. Willy is scared and gets with the times. I tried to buy a modern black leather sofa from them 3 years ago and they looked at me like I was some soft of crazy-ass liberal mom who shouldn't be raising children if I was going to fill my home with that sort of "snooty" furniture. Gawd, I hate that place. Rant over.

 
At 23 May, 2007 13:24, Blogger h.justin said...

Stella, I got the link from Susie, of course. Do you remember her? She used to visit here often, but then her sister started blogging and it was all "worlds colliding! worlds colliding!"

Note to all: I edited the post to include the Keep Breathing song from the Grey's finale. I can't find an mp3 for download - they are saving the song for the season 3 soundtrack. I will have the mp3 by the end of the day and will share it with everyone. I suppport illegal downloading when the music companies play games like withholding songs to build sales. Just kidding, record companies, I do not believe in any illegal activity. Seriously. None.

 
At 23 May, 2007 13:30, Blogger b-lo said...

Sentimental warning:

Hey Just, for the record, I think you have a lot to show for yourself and have inspired me many times to try harder myself. Happy early Birthday.

 
At 23 May, 2007 13:33, Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, b-lo wins. She's an excellent friend.

 
At 23 May, 2007 13:42, Blogger h.justin said...

Okay, bloggers, I have the mp3 - if you want it, e-mail me and I will send it to you.

I would post it, but seriously, so many people are looking for it that I would get way TOO many hits here.

 
At 23 May, 2007 14:17, Blogger Georgeory said...

Urban Outfitters? Good thing it will be fifty yards away from my office building. That is going to kill me.

Stella: I ordered the coconut pancakes.

 
At 23 May, 2007 14:30, Blogger h.justin said...

Is it mere coincidence, G, that you moveg out of your parents' basement and into the Big City the same year that IKEA and UO open in SLC? Hmmm?

 
At 23 May, 2007 14:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to admit it but I teared up last night when Jordin sang too. Ella looked at me like I was a freak and then started crying herself, which sparked her little sister Leah to do the same. How embarassing for me...It was a sight!

The non-posting isn't because of sister's blog...I just have nothing good to say. Can't wait for your birthday, but worried about the gifts. Hope I don't disappoint!

Stella, I hate R.C Willey too! At least you don't have to look at it everyday! I have a beautiful view from my office window of the big whitewashed garage.

 
At 23 May, 2007 15:36, Blogger Unknown said...

The only good furniture at RC Willey is the Todd Oldham line. Though I'm not even sure if they still carry it.

 
At 23 May, 2007 18:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got back from a vigorous discussion on American Idol my 80 year old in-laws were having at dinner. That and dancing with the stars are their major topics of conversation lately. I like to think I have better things to do that watch 2 hours of crap just for the 10 second announcement on who won, but that isn't always the case.

I have to give reality shows credit though(and I do watch alot of them). It used to be the only thing on TV during the summer was reruns of every show the past season, but at least now there is an option if you really need to veg in front of the TV one or two nights a week and watch something new.

My brother's name is Chad and 'Chadder' is the worst nickname/burger place name on earth. Well, I'm sure there is worse, but you'd think an In-n-Out burger clone could come up with a much better name. I cringe at that name (but I would still eat there).

 
At 24 May, 2007 06:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May a sister buy you a birthday beer at the club? (that's country, not night.) And is it okay if I consider it me buying said beer if it is really just me signing the ticket?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home