Friday, June 15, 2007

Clothes talk . . . again.

Last night I met Ali for dinner at the Cottonwood Market Street. Because I rarely go to that part of town, I used the occasion as an excuse to stop by what was once known as "The Cottonwood Mall." It now resembles ZCMI Center circa December 2006. Macys is pretty much the only shop open. I'm sure I've previously told the internet that I used to enjoy walking through the Polo section of the downtown Macy's during lunch to look for bargains. Since Macy's closed in whatever month it was and Nordstrom before that, I've not been able to have a quick shop or browse at lunch. (Serioulsy, WTF - I work downtown in the heart of the city and I got nothin'! And do not talk to me about Mr. Mac opening in their new location.) So, because I haven't been able to bargain hunt for awhile now, I went to the Cottonwood Macy's to do so before dinner.

Before my trip though, I went on-line to see what I might like to find. I checked out shorts. (All very nice, no?) And swimsuits. (A few good choices.) Naturally, Macy's - especially Cottonwood Macy's - would only have a small fraction of this selection, but hopefully marked down. So I checked their website.

Well, this post just took a nose dive (admittedly, it probably never got off the ground, sorry). I was going to post pictures from the Macy's site of what I hoped to find, but the items are no longer posted. So I'll just say I hoped to find a pair of white shorty short tennis shorts and a red swimsuit with a white pony. They had the shorts and the suit. I bought the shorts, but not the swimsuit because it was thin, frayed (by design), and didn't have a liner. I like a liner.

In related news, I've decided I want the Ray Ban ORIGINAL (i.e. 2140) Wayfarers. Because I already have the unoriginal model, I need to unload those so as not to unnecessarily duplicate. If your interested in a pair of gently used Wayfarers, let me know.

I am four episodes into Heroes. Thank you networks for posting episodes for free on-line.

9 times out of 10 when I am driving on the road and another motorist does something completely infuriating (e.g. driving too slow, not turning properly, lame lane change), it is a woman. 6 times out of 10 she is on the phone. I'm not being misogynistic. It's just what I've observed.

Today's Song: Discotechque, U2 (would it be wrong for this to be my favourite u2 song? "boom - discotechque; boom - discotechque")

2 Comments:

At 15 June, 2007 08:24, Blogger Unknown said...

I know this only because my father works there, but the JC Penney at Cottonwood Mall is still open (and surprisingly) thriving.

The Cottonwood Market Street is my favorite one.

 
At 15 June, 2007 08:37, Blogger Lincoln said...

A few years ago, I missed an episode of one of my favorite shows. I remember thinking, "if only I could get online and just watch it there." Then I laughed at myself thinking that would never happen. And look at us now. Thank you ABC (I think) for starting the trend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home