Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Croak. Croak.

Somehow I lost my voice over the weekend. It isn't completely gone, but there are definitely some key components missing. I've never had this happen before. I don't really mind it - my secretary said I sound "sexy"* - but I have a pretty big hearing this afternoon and I would prefer to be able to scream and holler without limitation.

Am I the only one that didn't know Dermot Mulroney and Catherine Keener are married (though they announced today they are divorcing)? I had no idea.

I really enjoyed the Cyndi Lauper/Erasure/Debbie Harry (aka "Soccer Mom") concert on Saturday night. I could fill a post with crazy tales, but I think I will leave that to the others that attended the concert. Share some stories in the comments section. I will say this: On the way out of the concert, Stella was going nuts trying to remember the "name of that famous rock band from Australia." Which in turn made me go nuts trying to figure out the band she was thinking of. "Men At Work?" "NO!" "Midnight Oil?" "NO!" Finally, we stopped this group of people - two guys and two girls and asked them. "INXS?" one of the girls said. "YES!" Stella screamed. So then I asked their group if our group could get a picture with their group (like we were at some kind of high school dance). They obliged. The next morning - I looked at the picture, and I swear to Tone Loc that one of the girls was a man! In a little tank, long blond extensions, french tipped nails, and a tiarra. I wish I could post the picture. Maybe I can. I'll think about it. I want to know if everyone else sees what I see. None of us suspected it was a man that night.

And later that night, I had a conversation with a dude about my same age and he was telling me how earlier in the evening he had "macked with that chick, Shiloh." So, the word "macked" is still being used. Which isn't surprising because just last week someone was talking about "scamming" with a girl. Tell me, how long since you've heard that word in that context? 15 years, maybe?

I watched the pilot episode of Heroes on NBC.com the other day. I love it when I completely ignore a break out hit until after the first season, and then I get to catch up. That happened with pretty much every HBO show (Sopranos, SATC, Six Feet Under, Curb Your Enthusiasm), as well as The OC, Lost, and even The Office to some extent.

It couldn't have been a man. It had to have been a woman. But that picture . . .

Today's Song: Hill Street Blues Theme, Mike Post (instrumental because I can't sing)

* She also told me my hair looks perfect today ("gives you schoolboy charm"), and that she loves my suit and Burberry tie. Sadly, her last day here is Friday. She took another job.

3 Comments:

At 12 June, 2007 09:42, Blogger Unknown said...

Because I'm a fountain of useless celebrity trivia, I did know that Dermot and Catherine were married. It's sad they're divorcing, they've been together a long time.

 
At 12 June, 2007 10:19, Blogger stella said...

So sorry about your voice. Love the song of the day. Maybe you can just hum along.

 
At 13 June, 2007 07:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite moments from the evening included Justin and Stella posing for a picture thinking that a pair of binoculars was going to be used to take their photo, Justin shooting down a suggestion to make a "large snake chain" and wind it through the crowd, and Stella's appreciation of peanuts and hot fudge, but not of feeling like she's headed East.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home