Saturday, June 16, 2007

That Was Yesterday



First things first: disclaimer. I don't smoke. This photograph was staged. Also, I am not prematurely middle-aged. Nevertheless, I have three Tommy Bahama shirts. Don't judge.

This picture was taken in August of last summer. It was also the last time I wore that shirt. I am currently packing to go to Wendover for an overnight trip. I grabbed that shirt, aka Geisha Garden, to go with me. As I was packing it, I found a piece of paper in the pocket. A torn little scrap of paper. My first thought was, "I must have gotten a lady's number." I read the paper - my handwriting - and it said, "BUT THAT WAS YESTERDAY". I realized it was a song lyric I must have heard that night and wanted to download. So I tried to think of the song and the first one that came to mind was Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday". That wasn't right. So I tried singing the lyric, and the tune came to me. Turns out its Foreigner "That Was Yesterday". I have no idea why that song had to be downloaded, but it was important enough to write down so I downloaded it this morning.

And that is today's song.

1 Comments:

At 17 June, 2007 12:56, Blogger Lincoln said...

Wow. Good memory. If I don't remember to look something like that up right away...it's gone forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home