Friday, August 03, 2007

Howard Jones

The Old Navy bell bottom jeans I bought last year finally proved useful and practical. Black sock covers toes because man toes do not belong in an office. (I've veered into sclup's territory here, I hope she doesn't mind.)

Need a tire changed on a fancy German sedan on Main St in the dark ... In less than twenty minutes? Call b-lo.

For those that missed the "Excuse My Beauty" show, find it here. You don't want to miss it, and be sure to stick with it until the end. ("I won't work my looks no more.")

Some Stella quotes from this week:

On being dissatisifed with service at Outback:

"I think I'm going to blow this guy's mind and order a THIRD! [Coors Light]"

"What happened to the days when the servers would hunker down on their knees at your table and say, 'Well, what are we gonna have tonight?'"

Reading the Gay Pages telephone directory:

"This doctor says he does cosmetic procedures, treats anxiety, and all sorts of maladies - plus if you mention the Gay Pages, you get 10% off! My family just got a new Primary Care Physician."

On being told to quiet down at the John Hiatt concert:

"Hmmph! NO! YOU 'shhhhhhhh!!"

Today's Song: No One Is To Blame, Howard Jones ("you can dip your foot in the pool, but you just can't get in" - soft cast and boot have sort of wrecked my plans for Bear Lake this weekend); but I'm also really feeling Twist of Fate, Olivia Newton-John

7 Comments:

At 03 August, 2007 08:52, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you chose to go with a sock, you'll find the boot is slightly more comfortable.

 
At 03 August, 2007 09:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll find that you can slip that boot right off to ride (as Thomas calls it) "The Pocket of Pain" at Bear Lake this weekend.
Plus, it will definitely get you out of any work that is requested of the rest of us.

 
At 03 August, 2007 09:11, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe (OK, probably) I'm high maintenance at restaurants, but I HATE HATE HATE servers that either squat down at the table or take a seat at the table. Are you kidding me? I never did that. Ever.

 
At 03 August, 2007 09:17, Blogger h.justin said...

Susie, Brian would make it his goal to break my good foot!

UP, I read an article that said servers that get down to eye level with diners generally get a better tip than servers that don't. I thought that interesting.

 
At 03 August, 2007 09:26, Blogger stella said...

Urban princess, I don't especially like it either. The take a seat option especially annoys me. However, isn't it supposed to be a signature of Outback servers? I was disappointed at our waiter's general lack of enthusiasm. Sometimes, I enjoy a bit of predictable kitsch.

Justin and Annie, I apologize for being so annoying at John Hiatt. I haaaate it when I act like that.

 
At 03 August, 2007 09:30, Blogger Unknown said...

I found that the easiest way to increase the size of my tips was to wear my uniform shirt a size too small, make sure it was unbuttoned just enough and bend over a lot. Always worked for me.

 
At 03 August, 2007 14:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Annie for helping a damzel in distress. your skills are amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home