Tuesday, July 25, 2006

OC/LA Weekend 2

I spent another weekend in Southern California. Highlights included a day at the beach, dinner at Cheesecake Factory, a visits to Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza and unusually good dinner at the PF Changs. I suspect the latter had to do with "free pour" drinks from a great bartender. I ordered a vodka martini on the rocks for my date. I watched the bartender fill a 10 ounce glass with ice and then pour Ketel One over the ice. Voila - dinner was served.

In the womens' shoe department at the South Coast Nordstrom, I snapped this picture of a 3 year old boy trying on a pair of shoes. First his mother tried on a pair of shoes and walked over to look in the mirror, then the boy waddled over, got in front of her and admired himself. The shoes were thongs with clear straps and a glittered red heart in the middle and glittered red sole.






At the Barneys outlet, a woman asked the retail clerk whether a particular purse was leather. The retail clerk said, "I don't think it is leather." "Must be plastic then," she said. "Weellllllll, not plastic, vinyl," the clerk corrected. "Tomato tomato potato potato," I said.

It has come to my attention that some of my readers are not familiar with American Apparel. I love the brand. Check it out here.

I haven't spent a day at a pool in nearly three weeks. There's a problem there.

On these hot days, may I recommend a venti iced lighly sweetened Passion tea? Everyone I offered it to this weekend loved it. Also, I find that a venti iced americano is just as good, if not better, than a grande nonfat extra foam latte in the summer months.

2 Comments:

At 25 July, 2006 10:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With drinks like that, it's no wonder your date shot her wad shopping!

 
At 25 July, 2006 11:17, Blogger h.justin said...

Sorry, the Passion tea is available at Starbucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home