Thursday, March 29, 2007

Classic Elementary School Lines

circa 1982-1985 (yes, still stuck in the 80's this week):

1. Prove it.

2. Well, why don't you marry it?

3. Up your butt and around the corner?

4. My mom says I can't get wet.

5. I'm telling teacher/ground duty.

6. I know you are but what am I?

7. Two little lovers sitting in a tree . . .

8. I'm made out of rubber, you're made out of glue . . .

9. I speak __________.

10. My dad can beat up your dad.

11. You're not the boss of me.

12. He/she started it!

13. Nuh-uh.

14. Give me a pump.

15. Your mom. (Just kidding, but that line has to have reached the grade schoolers by now, right?)

Help me out here, what am I forgetting?

And a classic Ava line from yesterday, "Well how would you like it if I un-paused Oprah?!"

Today's Song: I Won't Last a Day Without You, The Carpenters

12 Comments:

At 29 March, 2007 09:16, Blogger Unknown said...

I say #3 too often, and I used #8 last week. Don't forget "gag me with a spoon".

 
At 29 March, 2007 10:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I call..." My sister and I used to always say this if we felt we needed dibs on something important i.e. the front seat of the car.

 
At 29 March, 2007 11:22, Blogger stella said...

How can you forget, "Stare hard, retard"?

 
At 29 March, 2007 11:32, Blogger h.justin said...

Stella, I guess I forgot that one because I still use it on a daily basis. Ask my sister.

Ali, I have a hard time imagining you and Candace "calling".

UP, funny how Valley Girl slang made it to Utah.

 
At 29 March, 2007 13:20, Blogger b-lo said...

Jusin even has hand gestures for Stare Hard Retard.

As kids we used to laugh endlessly at "Gotta match?" "Yeah, my butt and your face." As if I got asked for matches a lot. But I had older teenage sisters so they taught me things before my time.

 
At 29 March, 2007 17:23, Blogger Sara Z. said...

I still say #3. It makes me laugh. I am also known to say, "If it was up your butt, you'd know where it was."

 
At 29 March, 2007 23:53, Blogger Lincoln said...

Yes, "your mom" has made it to the grade schoolers. I've heard it first hand.

 
At 30 March, 2007 08:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little late chiming in, but you forgot "shotgun".

 
At 30 March, 2007 09:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

one more..."tick tock the game is locked and you can't play!"

 
At 30 March, 2007 09:42, Blogger h.justin said...

One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready and four . . . to . . . GO!

 
At 30 March, 2007 11:20, Blogger b-lo said...

How about Friday Flip-Up Day?

 
At 10 April, 2007 13:16, Blogger Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I don't grow up I throw up and your mom comes around the corner and licks it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home