Thursday, July 27, 2006

Some Shakins

Radiohead. I have no connection with this band, but I feel I need to due to cultural pressure. Their songs aren't available on iTunes. I don't know why. The only Radiohead song I have on my iPod is "Idiotechque". Any other recommendations?

I have a new grown-up bedroom set. I can't believe how it transformed the look of my room and, I hope, my attitude about my flat in general. I moved it in and set it up last night. While my power was out. The power was out in the Avenues for at least 6 hours. The Avenues were completely black. Aesthetically it was pleasing, practically, however, it was a pain in the ass.

Speaking of power outtage, I never cease to amaze myself with my stupidity. Without power, it's like a rediscovery of all things electric for me. "The cable is out?! Does the water work? The refrigerator is off? No computer? I'll just plug in a fan." Dip shit.

Is it possible to be a half size in belts? Mens' belts come in standard even sizes: 30", 32", etc. My pants are generally loose, so I require a belt. However, I am finding that my belt is either too loose or too tight with my pants. It's like a need a hole in between the existing holes. I need to hear that someone else has this problem.

When I bought my MINI a few years ago, without exception when I drove by another MINI on the road, the other driver would wave. At first it was unnerving, but then got used to it. I have noticed though that the new wave of MINI owners do not wave. In fact, they appear to be quite bitchy and well, smug. They belong in PT Cruisers, I think.

I can't believe Lance Bass and Haylie Duff are dating.

Todays Song: Publish My Love, Rogue Wave (my song); Two of Hearts, Stacy Q (Einstein's song)

10 Comments:

At 27 July, 2006 11:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit with the British terms again..."flat", my ass. I have been in your "apartment", or really,in the one next door. Funny, that I have known two residents in that same apartment. What are the odds?

American Apparel had a whole segment on the Today show this morning. The owner likes to have sex with people that work for him. His excuse was that 50% of people meet their spouses at work. And, now that he is a big ticket item, the lawsuits are flying. I can say that he does pay his factory workers well, offers insurance, cheap lunches and bikes to get to work. Chew on that. Love your show...

 
At 27 July, 2006 11:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do the same thing when the power is out. I always think it's a great time to sit down and watch a show that I haven't seen. DS is right!

 
At 27 July, 2006 12:23, Blogger Unknown said...

When you say grown-up bedroom set, you mean you didn't get a bed that looks like a racecar or fire truck?

 
At 27 July, 2006 12:59, Blogger h.justin said...

Aunts bff - Having previously lived in a proper flat - Flat 6, 120 Wigmore, London, England W1H 9FD, all flats since and future will be referred to as such. Step off.

Hot people work at American Apparel, so why fault the owner. American Apparel is a socially responsible company, run by a not so sexually responsible man - how bloody unusual.

Aunt - Great minds . . .

slcup - I would gladly trade my grown up set for Ricky Stratton's race car bed hands down.

Incidentally, Hands Down, Snow Patrol was almost Today's Song.

 
At 27 July, 2006 13:00, Blogger h.justin said...

Shite - Hands Open, Snow Patrol - not Hands Down. Drrr.

 
At 27 July, 2006 13:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No stepping off. I prefer to leave the saddle on....until you realize where you live.

As for AA, I went from unimpressed to impressed, in a short amount of time this am.

 
At 27 July, 2006 13:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shite.....now that is one that I use, so you can too. (It must be said with an Irish twist only).

Ride on little horsey....

 
At 27 July, 2006 13:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HJ... 120 Wigmore just made me think of the Wagamama around the corner from Selfridges...crap! Oh what I'd do for Chili Chicken Ramen right now!

 
At 27 July, 2006 13:14, Blogger h.justin said...

Chill out and pass the Jean Natee.

 
At 27 July, 2006 13:16, Blogger h.justin said...

The window from my bedroom looked at that Wagamama. I'd love Chili Beef Ramen this afternoon. We need to get b-lo to cook it up for us. VT kindly gave me another Wagamama cookbook as a souvenir from her trip to Dublin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home