Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's No Secret

I hate winter. A few reasons:

1. Being woken up at 5am by a snowblower in the driveway (though it would be infinitely worse if I had to operate the snowblower).

2. Cold feet.

3. Getting stuck on city streets because snow plows didn't do a particularly thorough job. Too busy concentrating on roads to hospitals and firestations, I guess.

4. Coats.

5. Frozen car windows, scraping windshields, and snow getting in the car.

On the drive to work, I contemplated the horror of winter and wondered, "Why do we even have to have winter?" And hearing Nate Fisher's calming, funeral director voice in my head, I answered back, "To make Spring and Summer important."

Today's Song: 9 Crimes, Damien Rice (even though I've got pop-Christmas songs in my head)

4 Comments:

At 29 November, 2006 09:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found a few key things that help me deal with winter:

1) A husband who enjoys shoveling/blowing snow, so I don't have to do it!
2) A Garage - no scraping and a warmer car in the morning.
3) Seat warmers
4) winter holidays
5) The months go quicker the older you get. (Wait 'til you're my age...they fly by!)

 
At 29 November, 2006 10:02, Blogger Unknown said...

How can you hate coats? It's another article of clothing to purchase and accessorize with scarves.

 
At 29 November, 2006 11:13, Blogger stella said...

I hate coats, too. I especially hate driving in a coat. I take mine off once I get in the car. I hate the sound they make. I hate turning my head and knowing the coat didn't move with me. I hate that I can't bend my arms right.

 
At 30 November, 2006 10:40, Blogger Lincoln said...

A few things:

I'm jealous you have a Nate Fisher-type voice in your head. I'd kill for that.

I've railed against winter on several occassions. Yet, despite the 1 degree high in Bozeman yesterday, I'm doing okay. It must be the prospect of snowboarding.

Oh...and consider yourself lucky to have SOME streets plowed in Salt Lake. It seems the ultra-modern snowplow hasn't made it to Montana yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home