Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I want to see my friends in this commercial!

So go to this website, and upload a photograph.

I tried it, but the result was a little too buggy to be posted. Maybe my computer isn't good enough for the technology.

Poll question: Let's say you purchase a sweater and a t-shirt from a well known store. You get home and realize the clerk slipped an extra sweater in the bag - because he was folding a pile of sweaters when ringing you up. The receipt shows you weren't charged for the sweater. Do you return the sweater?

Today's Song: We Need A Little Christmas, Johnny Mathis

3 Comments:

At 19 December, 2006 15:50, Blogger Unknown said...

The PC answer is yes. The SLCUP answer is no, unless you are guilt ridden AND the store is not out of your way. OR you can donate the extra sweater to The Road Home. How's that for an ambivalent answer?

 
At 20 December, 2006 11:24, Blogger stella said...

Hmmm . . . Jedd once had a clerk at Brooks Brothers forget to ring up a very nice windbreaker. He was buying a lot of stuff. The clerk took all the security tags off and then proceeded to ring everything up--except the windbreaker. We kept it, but I still feel guilty everytime I see the jacket--and that was 7 years ago.

Since I have decided that my new religion is karma and if you're really asking for opinions, I say to might it right. However, I think that going back to the store will be a big pain in the ass. Parking, having to explain what happened, getting a blank stare and then the kid has to get their manager, the manager fumbling around trying to decide if he needs to document the return of the sweater or just put it back on the table, etc., etc.

I like slcup's idea of donating it to The Road Home. They're having a big Christmas donation drive Thursday and Friday--it would be easy to drop it off. Or just give it to someone who looks like they need it.

However, and no judgement here. If you're not guilt ridden, then just keep it. Seriously.

 
At 20 December, 2006 17:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the commercial, I just saw this on the news. Since you seem to be in such a festive mood this year, at least music-wise, try www.elfyourself.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home